Sorry but this plane for 50$

webfub

I really feel like a beta tester and for a 50$ plane it just lags to many features.and bugs..

The sounds are really bad.. not a really good startup sound, no shutdown sound from apu

Ground handling is just poor and is i think just using the normal p3d code.

No realstic engine startup...

I have flown the rnav 13 approuach from palm spring, the lnav just stops working and doenst follow path...

The cockpit also lags in texture quality... especially night textures

I also have a magic throttle that keeps sweeping with power. I calibatred and have no problem on other planes, like tfdi, pmdg and majestic.

I also landed and the seatbelt audio from the FA just repeats itself over and over...

I really hope that the sounds will improve, and lnav will be fixed correclty

Just try this route

KEGE SID EKR J100 BCE J11 CORKR Q35 DRK J6 EED STAR KPSP

and starr rnav 13 trans SBONO

There is no question that the Aerosoft CRJ has suffered from problems with its LNAV implementation, which the developers freely acknowledge. It’s much better in recent updates. However, the PSP approaches are not ever going to work, for good reasons.

The two RNAV approaches at Palm Springs are RNP, which use curved AR leg segments. No r/w CRJ is authorized (or even capable) of flying either approach. In fact, the only approach at KPSP that appears in the FMS of an actual CRJ is the VOR/GPS B. I just verified this in a CRJ I maintain.

RNP approaches require the aircraft to fly curved (not straight) leg segments, and to maintain a continuous and very precise vertical descent. The FMS and autopilot in a CRJ is not capable of doing either...

The problem is that the Navigraph and Aerosoft FMS master database files typically contain EVERY possible approach for every airport, since they are intended to be used by dozens of different add-on aircraft. In the case of the Aerosoft CRJ, you definitely need to check the printed approach chart for a given airport and runway before trying to load a particular approach. If you see the letters “RNP” on a specific RNAV chart, don’t try to fly it.

Standard (non RNP) RNAV approaches should be OK.

The engine start sequence is accurate insofar as the steps one follows to perform the start, but you are correct that the N1 and EGT rise is too quick - most likely because the aircraft is using the standard FSX/P3D SDK engine interface, which is well known to be inaccurate for turbine engine starting. The only solution would be to model the engines external to the base sim code - but that is probably too much to expect for a $50 simulation. 

Graphics are a matter of personal opinion. They look fine to me on a 4K monitor, but your experience may be different.

The sounds seem good to me. The predominant sounds on CRJ flight deck are the powerful avionics cooling fans - which are very accurately emulated in the sim. When the main entrance door is closed, the APU can barely be heard in the cockpit. My biggest issue with sound is that the motorized external GPU cart is much too loud by default, but that can be reduced using the CRJ manager. I don’t use the crew or cabin sounds option, so I can’t speak to that.

Not sure what you mean by “sweeping” power levers. I use standard CH hardware throttles, sent directly to P3D (not via FSUIPC), and have never had any problems on the CRJ or any other add-on.

Archived