Aerosoft "Sahara -Desert Fly In"

Another day, another flight ... today fly to a Bedouin-Camp and give the the Chief something useful items... Using a Pilatus Turbo Porter marked as aircraft of the United Nations.
It is another uneventful flight in to the  Sahara.... or not? Typical checks for this short flight are made and not forget to take enough to drink with. (I have learned this the hard way in Angola.)
Climbing in to the cockpit and up we went.

United Nations ... wow it looks so  important...

Let Big Daddy go... We are in Africa. Often enough no tower, no ATC. You need to keep your eyes open and sharp. 

The wreck of SS "Cotopaxi"

Duster... no chance to do anything. The engine got a lot of dust and quit... no not complete. But I have not enough power to keep the aircraft in the air.

Standstill. With this engine I can´t go nowhere.

Looking under the tarpaulin of the freight i found... an ATV!  O.k. tank is full. It is not a good idea in this region waiting for a search, if you know the exact coordinates and where to go. In the time of GPS and cellphone... but hey, this is Africa!

I am not familiar driving an ATV...

Helicopter... are they on a search mission? So fast?

The Bedouins are busy and don´t to want to talk with me.

I like Camels, but now I have the Quad.

Found the Solar power station from yesterday....

This looks a bit unfriendly .. better to go if they want to shoot me...

This is Africa... This thing has seen better day´s.

And now?

Think it is a good idea to "give the brave horse something to drink".

The road is now in better condition.. how long?

And after a village the road is ending. I follow the railroad.

"Oil is much too important a commodity to be left in the hands of the Arabs."
Henry Kissinger

And in de hands of the Africans to... ? 

After the collapse of the USSR a lot of equipment like this Antonov An 26 found it´s way to Africa...

Big Daddy is here... with his aircraft...

and I without...

Archived