Simware Valencia - airport not showing up on approach

monokuro

Hello,

I had installed Simware Valencia quite some time ago. When flying into LEVC yesterday, the airport wouldn't show up on approach and landing (screenshots attached). All the secondary buildings of the scenery seem to be loading just fine (i.e. in the port and along the airport feeder road), but nothing on the actual airport. When I spawn directly at the airport everything is fine. All building are where they are supposed to be. 

Things I already did in an attempt to fix it:

- uninstalled and re-installed LEVC 1.14

- put it on top of the scenery library

- re-installed (repaired) SODE (1.5.3) and cleaned out the LEVC SODE simobjects folder before

In FTX Vector the AEC is disabled.

I use P3D v4.1

I really can't think of anything else and would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Jan

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Does this happen only at night or also during day? Please show a screenshot of your library to see what is around Valencia positioned.

Thanks both for your quick answer.

@Mathijs Kok Yep, scenery complexity is at extremely dense.

@mopperle: It happens during daytime as well. See new screenshots attached. Also a screenshot of my scenery library. 

What's interesting is that there seem to be some gates that are visible and parts of the actual scenery (the run-up area of the runway) and some adjacent taxiways. The rest seems to be a blurry overlay of something. 

Again, thanks for any help you can provide. 

Jan

• Deputy Sheriffs

Looks like something else is covering your scenery. Do you have a traffic addon?

As you scenery looks overall extremly blurry, please post your hardware specs.

Thank you @mopperle.

I think I may have found the culprit: FreeMesh X. I temporarily deactivated the European mesh and now the scenery loads - albeit very, very late. Since there is a new version of FreeMesh X available, I will further test with that before wasting any of your time. 

I don't have a traffic add-on.

And the scenery only looks blurry because I zoomed in a lot :). My specs should be ok (i4790K/1080ti)

Attached screenshots with the fixed scenery.

I'll report back after I tested FreeMesh X 2.0

Thanks again, Jan.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Jan, thanks for reporting back. Maybe you should reduce the draw distance of autogen objects, as this can cause parts of an airport loading a bit late.

Just to report back. Although there is a new version of FreeMesh X available (2.0), this is merely a convenience update with a new installer. It doesn't change anything re the actual mesh. So, I went ahead and de-activated tile "N30W010.bgl" in the \FreeMeshX\FreeMeshX - Europe\scenery folder. That did the trick as well.

Again, many thanks @mopperle

Jan

Archived