New update - New issues

bhorv67

As always, thanks gents for all the hard work maintaining the aircraft. Such as the evolution of software. Fix one thing, something else happens. 

For me, the first time I launch into the CRJ after the latest install (after spawning into a default AC), I'm not able to apply the chocks, or start the GPU. I tried turning Dave off/on, didn't help. Tried to power up the plane, but was getting some repeating switch clicking sound as soon as I turned on the main power switch. 

Seemed to me something didn't load properly. I then changed AC back to a default plane, then back to the CRJ, then all was ok. 

Today, the behavior was the same. I can open the doors, but no joy with the GPU or chocks on the first use of the CRJ within the same P3d session. 

Would you suggest uninstall / reinstall of 1.0.3?

• Developer

Unfortunately I have no idea how to solve this. It is an issue that happens with some PCs, no matter which FSX/P3D version, operating system or whatever else. It might be a problem with the virtual cockpit model or with the 3ds Max exporter in the SDK. So far all we know is this: Everything on the gauge side works fine. Animation/Visibility variables are correctly set (otherwise this wouldn't work for anybody). It's just that the model (which contains the animations and visibility stuff) simply doesn't react - again, on just some PCs. Even worse: It seems that with every change to the VC model and every export to FSX/P3D, this issue seems to affect a different group of people.

I can assure you that we're doing our best to track this down, but out of all bugs that we encountered, this one is the worst to find.

On 12/16/2017 at 3:11 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

Unfortunately I have no idea how to solve this. It is an issue that happens with some PCs, no matter which FSX/P3D version, operating system or whatever else. It might be a problem with the virtual cockpit model or with the 3ds Max exporter in the SDK. So far all we know is this: Everything on the gauge side works fine. Animation/Visibility variables are correctly set (otherwise this wouldn't work for anybody). It's just that the model (which contains the animations and visibility stuff) simply doesn't react - again, on just some PCs. Even worse: It seems that with every change to the VC model and every export to FSX/P3D, this issue seems to affect a different group of people.

I can assure you that we're doing our best to track this down, but out of all bugs that we encountered, this one is the worst to find.

Just installed 1.0.3.0 today. It took a couple applications of the parking brake before I was able to set the chocks, GPU, and AIR in the EFB. I get the AVAIL light in the AC switch, but the Battery Master does nothing. Neither does the AC switch and DC Service switch. I also get that repetitive clicking noise with the AC switch that the OP mentioned. As of right now I am unable to power up the CRJ from a C&D state. 

• Developer

Can you power it up via DAVE?

It seems random which switches work and which don't. The CRJ is not the only model with this issue. We're currently in contact with other parties to find a solution.

Archived