Car traffic simulator?

pmb

It just occurred to me why Aerosoft doesn't produce any car traffic simulator. I know there's the bus simulator and there's a highway police simulator. There are a host of car racing sims available from several makes, but there are very few simulators available for just normal traffic simulation. The very few driving school sims I know are way outdated with graphics resembling a C64. There's of cause BeamNG based on excellent graphics which, however, is more geared towards physics than traffic and cities. 

Given Aerosoft has sceneries for several large cities already available from the bus simulator, it shouldn't be too hard to make a car simulator sporting features like an integrated driver's school as well as a free driving mode.

Kind regards, Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, I have real car traffic with all possibles situations every day in my life, so not really any need to additionally simulated the whole shit ;)

1 minute ago, mopperle said:

TBH, I have real car traffic with all possibles situations every day in my life, so not really any need to additionally simulated the whole shit ;)

I guessed that answer to come at a point.;)

I belong to the last dozen of Germans without a car, maybe because I spend too much money for flightsim addons instead of a car :D

Those wanting to learn driving don't have a car (yet) either and those below 17 don't have it in general.

Kind regards, Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs

But a driving school would be nice indeed. Only problem I see are the different rules and regulations in Europe, worldwide and even within the EU. 

4 hours ago, mopperle said:

But a driving school would be nice indeed. Only problem I see are the different rules and regulations in Europe, worldwide and even within the EU. 

Maybe that can be done with a rule-set file. You just load the file with the traffic rules you want to apply. Plus if you make this file editable you only have to provide a few stock ones, the community of users will make and update them for every other country.

I like this idea and I think there is demand for it, both from a professional market (driving schools) and from a non-professional market (home users).

Of course what's most important, specially for driving schools, is that you include all different kinds of traffic. Cars, busses, trucks, trams, mopeds, bicycles, pedestrians, horses, police cars, ambulances, a military convoy, etc. Everything you may come across in real-life traffic. Driving is anticipating to others, so I think this is really important.

Archived