Saitek Throttle Quad and FSX

rowcoach

Good morning,

I have a couple questions about what everyone is seeing with the Saitek throttle quadrant. If I set it up as per the PDF, I get a full range of motion up to 100% throttle, but when I dial it back, I can't get back to idle. The only way I can get the engines to idle is by pushing F1. However, if I follow what others have posted (going into Joystick Calibration and clicking reset), I again get the full range of motion up to 100% throttle and this time I can bring it all the way back down to idle. The other difference is that I have to advance my throttle at least 50% before it starts to move in the sim. Has anyone else run this as well? If so, which setting do you suggest? The next issue here is how to engage reverse. One issue at a time I guess.

I am running FSX with the registered version of FSUIPC. I have not downloaded any of the Saitek drivers. In the CRJ Manager I have selected FSUIPC with Reverser Range.

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.

Cheers,

colin

Hello Hans,

Thank you for your quick reply, I read that post earlier, but wasn't sure it applied to me as I am using a different throttle quadrant. I'm using the Pro Flight Throttle Quad (just three levers) not the 6 shown in your post.

Anyway, I did make try the changes you suggested. I clicked the box for no reverser in FSIUP and I selected FSUIP without Reverser Range in the CRJ Manager. I think that's what I read in the last posting.

I'm still getting the same results. I have an N1 of 21% sitting in idle after start. I can move my throttle all the way up to full. When I bring it back to the stops, the lowest my N1 drops to is 33.8. The throttle responds right away (manual mode) which is good. I just can't return to idle.

Cheers,

colin

Hello Hans,

pretty sure you are busy with the recently released update. Just wanted to give you a quick heads up. 

I mabaged to to fix the issue with my throttle. Took a bit of playing around and a couple reinstalls, but all is good now. 

I selected ‘default’ from the controls section of CRJ Manager. I didn’t realize that any changes you make in the ‘Options’ section don’t take effect until you restart the sim. In FSUIPC, I clicked on ‘SET’ to clear the calibration for each axis. Not sure if that was the right way to do it - but it works perfectly now. 

Looling firward to going through the tutorial next. 

Cheers,

colin

• Developer

Hi Colin,

yes, I gave it a try too. It requires exactly the same settings as the GF TQ6, so "FSUIPC without reverser range" and a reload of the aircraft (an actual restart of the sim is not required, but the aircraft only reads the config files on loading).

Archived