Doors not opening after update v1.0.3.0

Vinceki

Hello,

I just updated to v1.0.3.0. Now on my first test flight, I couldn't open any of the doors. It would try to open the doors, stop halfway and then close them again. I haven't had this issue before.

Does anyone else have this problem too, and has anyone found a way to fix it? If not, I would like the developers to have a look at this. I'm happy to help where needed (providing more info/testing etc.).

Regards,

Vince 

I had the same problem with the doors.
I use FSX and downloaded the new version 1.0.3 this evening.
The doors didn`t open with dave. If I tried to click open in dave both buttons turned grey for a moment (text was still visible) and the doors didn`t open or just opened a little bit and closed again. The sound of opening and closing could be heard. After that dave showed the closed position.
With Shift-E I could open the main door but nothing else.
If I have a bit more time in the next evenings I will try it again. Maybe I can tell you more than.
But thanks for the new version. I made a short flight and it was great to fly it after such a long time in my hangar.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there, Frank here.

I have just purchased today the CRJ (version 1.0.3 ) and everything works fine except for the doors if I try to open them up with the iPad Dave in the cockpit.

It works only for the front door if I use the classic command Shift + e.

I cannot open the cargo doors and the rest of the options in that page are NOT working.

I have the same problem as Paul, herein, and that is: If I click to open in Dave both buttons turn grey for a moment (text was still visible) and the doors don't open or they just open a little bit and close again!!

I can hear the sound of "opening" and "closing"  but right after that Dave displays the "closed" position and outside view shows all the remaining doors are closed.

Very disappointing, I hope you Gentlemen can find a hotfix for this, maybe quick?

Could be a small glitch in the script one of the command prompts?

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Best regards and Happy New Year 2018!

14 hours ago, sparrows said:

For the moment you can use Shift +e + 2/3/4 to open the other doors.

That doesn`t work for me. It has passed a lot of time since the bug has been discovered.......

Hi Sparrows, same with Luisca........I can only get to work with Shift+e .

If I hit Shift+e +2/3/4 nothing happens, I have tried that from the very beginning.

Nothing we can do from our end let's wait for Aerosoft.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there.... I wonder how long will it take to make these small fix?

or maybe is not small and maybe not too many simmers using the FSX version are experiencing this annoying glitch?

Please Anyone.....can you share if you are experiencing the same issue?

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I recently only started flying with this bird

I noticed it right away but thought there was also a learning curve for opening the doors/hatches :rolleyes:

Until I read these  posts

Same issue here as already described

Shift+e +2/3/4 works for me.

When using Dave for opening/closing doors/hatches, they only open/close halfway and then return to their initial position

I am on FSX Gold, CRJ700900 DL V1.0.3.0

I have included a screenshot as to the extend the main door opens. The door then closes  again

Hope it will be fixed in the next update

Johan

Please login to display this image.

• 3 weeks later...

you know, what makes alot of us as simmers with your product upset is your guys attitude towards us as customers when we have an issue. Often time your response is " its fine it work for me" come on guys, 

• Aerosoft

If we are unable to recreate a reported issue on our machines (that are wiped every week so they are clean OS, clean sim, all fully updated) it indicates almost without exception that there is something unexpected and non standard on the users system. At that moment we are poking in the dark, we can't change anything because it works on our systems and even if we would change something, the fact it would still run would mean nothing as it did run before.

For the CRJ we have advised 12 people to re-install the OS and sim because we are simply unable to solve their problems because we do not know what caused it. Nine of those people did it and it fixed their problem. It's a shitty advise to give, but we are not responsible for problems not in our products.  I believe we are very open about what are confirmed issues and that we are working on them, what is discussed in this topic is a clear example of that. 

If you feel we used the argument 'it works here' incorrectly please let me know where we did so I can look at that issue again. 

On 27.2.2018 at 10:08, Mathijs Kok sagte:

It's a shitty advise to give, but we are not responsible for problems not in our products.

How can you be so sure that the problem is not your product? As described, all of us have this problem after UPDATING to v1.0.3.0. I don't think its a miracle that after the update it doesn't work anymore, and I don't believe thats an OS issue (we are too many affected users, we can't have the same "wrong" OS configuration). Maybe the problem is gone after a full reinstallation of the OS and the CRJ, but this means your update process is crap. Reinstallation of the OS is never ever a solution for customers, unless you are an OS developer.

• Developer
vor 1 hour , Elepferd sagte:

How can you be so sure that the problem is not your product?

The reason was an undocumented change in the door events from FSX SP2 to FSX Acceleration. The simple send_key_event(KEY_TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT, n); with n = door number between 1 and 4, works from FSX Acceleration on all the way through P3D v4.2. However for FSX SP2, a sequence of two commands is required: send_key_event(KEY_TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT, 0); send_key_event(KEY_SELECT_n, 0); where n is the door number.

FSX has always been FSX. It never mattered if SP2 or Acceleration was used - as long as one of the two was installed. Now, in 2018 (about 3 years after I should finally have dumped FSX...) we control a door from the gauge code for the first time - it was always Shift+E+n before - and voila, we run into this issue that nobody knows about and nobody has ever heard of. Great stuff. I only learned about the difference when I gave it a try, uninstalled Acceleration and installed SP2 instead.

vor 1 hour , Elepferd sagte:

Maybe the problem is gone after a full reinstallation of the OS and the CRJ, but this means your update process is crap. Reinstallation of the OS is never ever a solution for customers, unless you are an OS developer.

You're wrong! We had several users where the Windows installation was so messed up that they could neither install nor uninstall the VC++ redistributables. In these cases, reinstalling the OS was the only solution. Of course, in your nice theory, stuff like that never happens, and the reason for a product not working always has to be the product itself. Email Mathijs and ask him for a job in support... you're in for a huge surprise!

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Elepferd said:

Reinstallation of the OS is never ever a solution for customers, unless you are an OS developer.

So it is okay if we ask you for assistance when customers have an issue that is clearly NOT part of the product we sell but of the software environment? Clearly you are far more skilled than we are in solving issues.  I would even consider offering you a job if you are indeed able to solve the completely messed up Windows installations we sometimes see! 

Archived