How to start the engine

Very nice video. One question though:

When he actually started the engine (~ 01:58) he needed two hands. One for the magnetos and one for the Starter Clutch. How are we supposed to do that in the simulator?

When I try to do that with the mouse I fail. Now I have a FSUIPC command for "Magnetos Both" and "Magnetos Off". So I can use both hands as well. But when I am using those FSUIPC commands, the actual switch in the VC does not move. This is not a big problem but I am curious if there is some other way.

There's an easy way around the need for two mouse clicks if you want to be a bit more authentic and leave the mags off, simply crank the inertia starter with the mouse and then when it stabilises, hit control+E with your left hand, that'll flick the mags on and it will start up. That gives you a reasonably authentic sounding start.

this is just beyond cool, i love the way she sounds, rugged, ready to tackle any task..cant wait to try this out on fsx...any news on a release for fsx:se? i check back on the site every hour it seems..also Mathijs you asked me to pm you, but im unable to do that for some reason, just thought i would let you know

• Developer

In reality you switch the mags on just shortly after you activate the clutch. As mentioned above, this is difficult in the sim as you need two hands or be very fast. So the  - a but unrealistic - option is to switch on the mags first before you activate the clutch.

I'm in discussions with the programmer if there is another option...stay tuned!

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Kota Fox said:

this is just beyond cool, i love the way she sounds, rugged, ready to tackle any task..cant wait to try this out on fsx...any news on a release for fsx:se? i check back on the site every hour it seems..also Mathijs you asked me to pm you, but im unable to do that for some reason, just thought i would let you know

Won't be before next week.

that sucks, im so excited for it but your reply is appreciated, ill keep an eye out then and hope the fsx release goes smoother than p3d release did, but with any new software problems are to be expected, its alot of fun ironing out bugs at times, some are worthy of a good laugh, but it can be stressful or tiresome, im a beta tester for a mobile game..its interesting..(part of an actual beta team) so you guys just keep doing that awesome work and in the meantime i guess ill go see if i can turn the pby cat into a stol aircraft

• Aerosoft

Actually we believe the release went pretty smooth. We had 4 users for whom the product did not work and we solved that issue over the weekend. 
We'll first release the updated 64 bit version and then do the 32 bit version. Please keep in mind that the 32 bit market is simply commercially not extremely attractive at this moment. 

• 2 months later...

I have installed the An-2 on P3Dv4, it is marvellous and works well - except for the engine-start. I cannot get the engine-primer (pump) aft on the left panel working. Fuel tank selector is on both, all necessary switches are on, but the pump lever does not move, not by clicking nor by klicking and dragging mouse around. The engine starts, however, with ctrl+e. Any way the pump can be made working?

Archived