How to set a Panel State?

Manuel Morcillo

Hello, I´m trying to find the way to save a Panel State to take it everytime i want (like COLD DARK STATE, TURN AROUND STATE, etc) but i can´t find it. I try with the DEF buttons but nothing happen, how can I do it? I´m searching for into the forum without success.

Manuel, regards from Mexico.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It should work with the DEF LSKs. If not the panel state can't be stored. Are you running your sim as administrator? (right click on simulator executable file, then "run as administrator")

17 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

It should work with the DEF LSKs. If not the panel state can't be stored. Are you running your sim as administrator? (right click on simulator executable file, then "run as administrator")

Hi Tom, yes i´m runnig my sim as administer, actually when i press the DEK LSK turns in orange color and then I don´t know what´s next.. Should I do something else?

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, running the sim ad administrator and selecting the desired default state with any of the LSK1-4R keys should do the trick. Nothing else is needed. 

For me it works as it should:

My current load state is take-off and I just switched it to cold & dark:

Please login to display this image.

After restarting the bus the load state changed as it should:

Please login to display this image.

The bus stores and reads all relevant information in/from the following folder:

• C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\

The current startup-state is stored in a file called Setup.abx

Please change the default state via the MCDU again and check if this file gets a current date/time stamp. If not the bus does not have write access to that folder. That problem should usually be fixed by running the sim as administrator.

Important: just run the sim as administrator, do not login into your Windows with the Administrator account.

Which Simulator do you use? P3D or FSX? P3Dv4 is not supportet by the actually Airbus A320 Version. I heard about that the right MCDU is one of the problems caused by using 32bit Airbus in 64bit P3Dv4. That's why I'm asking for your sim.

10 hours ago, Aldarean said:

Which Simulator do you use? P3D or FSX? P3Dv4 is not supportet by the actually Airbus A320 Version. I heard about that the right MCDU is one of the problems caused by using 32bit Airbus in 64bit P3Dv4. That's why I'm asking for your sim.

Hi dude, I use P3D v3.

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, Manuel Morcillo said:

Hi Tom, I get it but what I want is set my own aircraft state (APU running, doors closed, beacon lights on) Is that possible?. If not, I just can use one of them? Best regards.

Earlier versions of the bus had a USER-STATE item on the AIRCRAFT STATE. This was removed as the custom panel states are now stored automatically with your flight. Just safe your flight via the sim menu and upon loading it again, the panel states will be restored.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's how it is implemented, yes.

Alternatively you can alter one of the predefined panel states in code (Custom1.abx - Customer4.abx files in above mentioned folder). But this is not officially supported and we can't provide help on this here in the forums.

Archived