Livery Manager and FSX:SE not working

JazzBassman

Good Evening

Despite paying careful attention to tutorials, I am unable to get the Livery Manager to work correctly. 

1. I can run the manager from the Aerosoft file in FSX:SE DLC, (I have set the path to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\500201)

2. I can drag and drop a zipped file, (e.g. from Holgi), into the manager, which places it in the correct Aircraft file, (it shows the TAP livery in the A320 CFM folder - which is the aircraft I wish to add livery to). 

3. I can see this file next to the already downloaded TAP file, for example

4. On starting FSX:SE with the "show all variants" ticked, the new livery does not appear

Please can someone point me in the right direction as to what to do to get FSX:SE to show these liveries before I invite my PC to become airborne from my first floor office window?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Next to the Livery Manager executable file

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\500201\Aerosoft\Airbus A320_A321\Livery Manager\Livery_Manager_A320_A321.exe

you should find a 

• livman.ini

file. It should contain the path to the simulators root folder. In your case that should be 

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\500201

Can you confirm that?

And please, always start the livery manager as administrator (right click on the .exe file, then "run as administrator").

Ok,

Getting hugely frustrated now. Launching the manager as admin just shows the added livery in the A320 CFM page, (G-EZWG). It does not show when fsx:se starts. Furthermore, any additional liveries I try to add via the Aerosoft page simply fails. 

Appreciate your help so far Tom, but this is getting beyond a joke. 

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

So the files are copied correctly as it seems.

The last paragraph in the first post in this topic explains what you could check inside the aircraft.cfg file:

Archived