CFD Connection Error

seb123

Hey I have a problem Me and my friend have both forwarded Port 6881 and 6882 and followed the OVPA setup deeply but when my friend puts his connection to slave ON He gets Connection Error and for me it just says not connected we have followed the OVPA setup deeply but still have this issue Please Help Us. And me and my friend have both put eachothers IPv4 ip adress into the airbus X configurator, oh and btw we both have the port in airbus x configurator to 6881 please help us 

thanks in advance.

I can think of three things to check.

1. Are you both running the same version (131) of the Airbus?  You can find this in your \Prepar3D v3\aerosoft\Airbus A320_A321 folder.

2. Please be sure that both version have different serial numbers. If the aircraft have the same serial numbers then CFD it won't work.

3. The Steam version of the Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 does not support Connected Flight Deck and this feature is not listed in the Steam version. If you purchased the Steam version and you want to fly Connected Flight Deck then you should consider applying for a refund from Steam and then purchase the Airbus from the Aerosoft website.

Best wishes.

12 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I can think of three things to check.

1. Are you both running the same version (131) of the Airbus?  You can find this in your \Prepar3D v3\aerosoft\Airbus A320_A321 folder.

2. Please be sure that both version have different serial numbers. If the aircraft have the same serial numbers then CFD it won't work.

3. The Steam version of the Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 does not support Connected Flight Deck and this feature is not listed in the Steam version. If you purchased the Steam version and you want to fly Connected Flight Deck then you should consider applying for a refund from Steam and then purchase the Airbus from the Aerosoft website.

Best wishes.

1. We both have the same version of the airbus 1.31 

2. We use diffrent Serial Numbers for airbus

3.  We both purchased the a320 from aerosoft website

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Then either one of you doesn't have your port forwarding correct, or one of you has a software firewall which isn't allowing the data through.

What country are both of you in?

We are both in australia and live in same city and i can 100% Confirm that all our ports needed are forwarded and both have our windows firewall off.

Any other Suggestions 

46 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Have you and your friend have used the port check tool mentioned in the OVPA guide to verify that the ports are really opened?

Yeah we have indeed done that 

There is a setting in some routers called "Filter Internet NAT Redirection".  I honestly don't remember if the server needs this off (I don't think so) but you have to have it off for the TFDi B717, so you might try disabling this setting to see if it helps.  One should only have to disable it on the Host computer.

You said that your firewalls are off, but you haven't said if you're using third party computer software with a software firewall.  If you are, then Windows will re-enable the Windows Firewall if you turn off your third party firewall.

If all your computer security is turned off, and your hardware firewalls are off, then you need to start looking at the software (both the Airbus and the your redistributable software).  See the link below for this.

10 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There is a setting in some routers called "Filter Internet NAT Redirection".  I honestly don't remember if the server needs this off (I don't think so) but you have to have it off for the TFDi B717, so you might try disabling this setting to see if it helps.  One should only have to disable it on the Host computer.

You said that your firewalls are off, but you haven't said if you're using third party computer software with a software firewall.  If you are, then Windows will re-enable the Windows Firewall if you turn off your third party firewall.

If all your computer security is turned off, and your hardware firewalls are off, then you need to start looking at the software (both the Airbus and the your redistributable software).  See the link below for this.

Both third party and windows firewalls are off All redistributables Are Updated all on both ends. I have followed all the steps of the link above but still no work still saying not connected on master end and saying connection error on slave end

Back when we did use hamachi we could connect but the problem was when master move plane slave dont see plane move.

Any more suggestions

Yes, please go through the entire procedure I gave you above.

Other than that, the only think I can tell you is that one of doesn't have have something we've covered setup properly.  I'm positive about this.

Did you see the part in the Guide where I spoke about "trust"?  Go onto your friend's computer and look at your friends setup.

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Can you provide the actual IP addresses you are both entering?

I cant now but will soon if you want. but i can ensure you that we are both entering each others IP v4 Adress into the airbus x configurator.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You have to use your both public addresses, meaning the ones the router has on its external leg to the internet. You should not mistake them with the private address your both PCs use in your private networks.

You can see from an IP address if it's a public or private one. The following is a list of reserved private address ranges:

• 10.0.0.0 -> 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
  • 172.16.0.0 -> 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
  • 192.168.0.0 -> 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255

5 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

You have to use your both public addresses, meaning the ones the router has on its external leg to the internet. You should not mistake them with the private address your both PCs use in your private networks.

You can see from an IP address if it's a public or private one. The following is a list of reserved private address ranges:

• 10.0.0.0 -> 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
  • 172.16.0.0 -> 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
  • 192.168.0.0 -> 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255

How do we both find our public addresses? Iam not to sure how to?

Hey, I'm not going to read the Guide to you my friend.  It is painfully obvious you didn't both reading the entire guide despite my pleas for you to do so.  You'd much rather play out this 50 questions game back and forth.  That is HIGHLY DISRESPECTFUL, and I'm calling you on it.

If  you don't want to read, then you can search the guide.

My support here has ended.  Maybe Tom will help you, and if not then put in a support ticket.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You said that you used the port tester to check your port forwarding. In there you must have already entered your public addresses. 

As Dave I highly recommend working yourself through the guide. And if you are getting asked here if you followed certain steps you should give honest answer. Otherwise there is no way of being able to help you.  

5 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hey, I'm not going to read the Guide to you my friend.  It is painfully obvious you didn't both reading the entire guide despite my pleas for you to do so.  You'd much rather play out this 50 questions game back and forth.  That is HIGHLY DISRESPECTFUL, and I'm calling you on it.

If  you don't want to read, then you can search the guide.

My support here has ended.  Maybe Tom will help you, and if not then put in a support ticket.

I apologize for all the questions but i dont really understand the guide but dont worry about it i can figure something out with my friend,

Thank you for your help.

Archived