CFD Question

seb123

• Deputy Sheriffs

A forum is an asynchronous communication channel. 

Someone asks a question, someone else reads it some time later and if he know the answer and have time in that moment to write it, he will write it.

This includes already the term "as soon as possible".

Therefore is mentioning ASAP the opposite of being polite, but actually telling everyone something like "I demand an answer now". Again, this is because "as soon as possible" is already implied in the asynchronous way of communication in a forum.

4 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

A forum is an asynchronous communication channel. 

Someone asks a question, someone else reads it some time later and if he know the answer and have time in that moment to write it, he will write it.

This includes already the term "as soon as possible".

Therefore is mentioning ASAP the opposite of being polite, but actually telling everyone something like "I demand an answer now". Again, this is because "as soon as possible" is already implied in the asynchronous way of communication in a forum.

Not to mention that many of us are in different time zones!

6 hours ago, seb123 said:

1 question how do i allow fsx to use port 6881 and 6882 for the aerosoft a320/21. Please Answer Asap

Well my friend, the answer is actually in the OVPA CFD Setup Guide that I've been referring you to.  See, I wrote that guide so that you can get answers right away, so you wouldn't have to wait to get an answer via the forum.  All you have to do is read the guide.

Anyway, I guess you're wearing me down.. so I'll give you the short answer, but you will most likely still need to refer to the Guide.

If you have computer security software with a firewall OR if you're Windows Firewall is turned on (it should be - always) then you simply have to create an inbound and outbound rules to allow for the FSX.exe application (program) over a UDP Connection for ports 6881 and 6882.  That is the answer to your question.

You will of course also need to ensure that your Router has ports 6881 and 6882 forwarded for the UDP Protocol.

Archived