NO STAR function missing?

liftwartbertl

As the other topic concerning this topic has been closed I try to reformulate the problem in a new thread:

For an example I'm flying from LSGG to EDDS. I'm still on ground at departure airport and enter my waypoints on the F-PLN page. I choose a departure route for my departure airport and a runway (e.g. 25) as well as STAR (REUTL5A) for my arrival airport. Then 5 minutes later or during flight I want to delete REUTL5A (a STAR) and choose REUTL25 transition (under approach vias) instead. Therefore as told by some of you, I tried to select a different runway (e.g. 07), any new STAR, then select again runway 25, but in my opinion it is not possible to get a chosen STAR removed. I can just replace it by a new one, which I don't want, as REUTL25 is not a STAR but an "approach via" substituting the STAR. I think the problem is, that the Aerosoft MCDU has no "NO STAR" function as it can be found in the real aircraft and in the FSLabs aircraft.

Can you confirm this problem (hopefully without voting me down again) or have I missed something?

vor 10 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

The forum search (upper right corner of this page) brings you quickly to this topic ;) 

Hi Tom. Thanks for the quick answer. This is what I was referring to, but unfortunately it does not solve the problem described by me. The issue is not to replace a STAR by a new one, but to delete a chosen STAR.

There is a function called "NO VIA" to remove selected transitions and approach vias but unfortunately no "NO STAR" function.

The workaround solution for my example seems to be to select a runwayoption not connected with an approach (e.g. "25" or "07" and not "ILS25" or "ILS07", "VOR25", "VOR07" a.s.o.).

When selecting just 25 or 07, the STAR is removed. I think this is not how it works in the real aircraft but at least it is a solution > at least for the EDDS example.

Archived