"Bank stutter" in AP HDG mode (V1.0.2.0)

Hello guys,

if I get Vectors and fly with AP in HDG mode, the CRJ will start banking few degrees, then stop and after 3-4 seconds continue to bank further. It's like a "bank angle stutter" each time when dialing a new HDG. It's nothing too bad but looks weird ;). The SIM is fluent all the time...

Regards,

Gerald

On 12/4/2017 at 3:18 PM, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Hello guys,

if I get Vectors and fly with AP in HDG mode, the CRJ will start banking few degrees, then stop and after 3-4 seconds continue to bank further. It's like a "bank angle stutter" each time when dialing a new HDG. It's nothing too bad but looks weird ;). The SIM is fluent all the time...

Regards,

Gerald

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have been following the "Impossible To Follow the route" thread as I've also had issues with the CRJ's LNAV execution. Given Mr. Hartmann's recent post, in that thread, a new installer will be issued in a day or two. I'm hoping BOTH of these issues are resolved.

Sheldon

• Developer

The new installer is available now. It doesn't contain any fixes for this specific problem (this is the first time I read about it) but some changes were made to the autopilot code which also affect HDG mode. So, for now I would recommend to try again with 1.0.3

18 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

The new installer is available now. It doesn't contain any fixes for this specific problem (this is the first time I read about it) but some changes were made to the autopilot code which also affect HDG mode. So, for now I would recommend to try again with 1.0.3

Mr. Hartmann,

I just completed a flight with the CRJ700 version 1.0.3 and it performed flawlessly. The CRJ followed the flight plan route and the LNAV functions are greatly improved. The so called "bank stutter" was nonexistent. I believe this must be related to the new changes to the autopilot code.

Thanks very much, I can tell by reading the forums you have been hard at work.

Sheldon

• 1 month later...

Hello Hans,

v1.0.3.0 does indeed feel a bit different...(I flown now many routes to test it). While the stutter seems to be gone in HDG mode, there is now a strange behaviour in NAV mode: e.g. the CRJ banks slowly towards the new HDG (does not quite get it), then banks rapidly more (to catch it), decreases the bank quick,...

It feels like the CRJ is struggling to stay on CRS...

Best regards and thanks for your efforts.

Archived