(Majestic Dash 8) strange FMS behaviour on turnaround

Lotus3xiG3

Hi,

just completed a flight from Munich to Innsbruck in the Dash 8 by Majestic and I thought, why not flying back? So I made my way through the parkin checklist and stuff and then wanted to reprogramm the FMS... I deleted the old Flightplan with the function in the MENU PAGE and then tried to enter my new departure/arrival airports in the NAV page. But somehow it does not take it, but yaou better take a look here (sorry for the bad quality, Dropbox was sizing it down):

MJC DH8D FMS t/a

Any suggestions? I couldn't find anything on the web about my problem...

Cheers
Lotus3xiG3

Hi Jan,

you're only supposed to enter stuff on the NAV page which is already on the FPLN.

Did you do as advised in the MJC manuals and start by entering your flightplan on the FPLN page instead of the NAV page?
I did not have any issues with a turnaround doing it the recommended way.

Simply delete the flightplan on the FPL page by typing "99" and then ENTER on the first waypoint (usually your origin airport, then carry on typing in the new route in the following order: ORIGIN - SID - ROUTE - STAR - DESTINATION. The NAV page only shows you the current active waypoint and the next 3 in sequence, plus tons of navigational and flight perf. data. Hope that helps. 

vor 3 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

you're only supposed to enter stuff on the NAV page which is already on the FPLN.

Oh, errrm, well :blink: ... I do really not know where the hell I got that from, but I always started entering departure and arrival on the NAV PAGE first! And this worked, if I did not try to turn this thing around! However, glad you pointed that out to me, it explains certain things! A good friend of mine would now say: "Grober Schnitzer, gaaaaanz grober Schnitzer :P !"

vor 3 Stunden , CRJ900 sagte:

Simply delete the flightplan on the FPL page by typing "99" and then ENTER on the first waypoint (usually your origin airport, then carry on typing in the new route in the following order: ORIGIN - SID - ROUTE - STAR - DESTINATION. The NAV page only shows you the current active waypoint and the next 3 in sequence, plus tons of navigational and flight perf. data. Hope that helps. 

Yeah, same prob here :hanged_s:... And I thought I know the Dash after 100 flying hours with her, but as you see I even can not enter a flightplan in the correct way ;) !

Thank you guys, I just tried it, it works! the problem was in front of the FMS not in its core... Obviously!

Archived