Absolutely new and naive

macca22au

Captain Pero:

I have P3Dv4 and a powerful rig, so processing is not a problem.

My computer is loaded with almost all Orbx Global, Vector, Landclass and full regions.

I have many aircraft and airport add-ons. Some like Majestic Q400 and FSL 320 and the TFDI B717 quite demanding.

Simstarter with its promise of loading only selected scenery, airports and aircraft by way of profiles attracted me.

I have purchased from Aerosoft SIMstarter ng, but in spite of your Help files etc, and from the web I am finding it very hard to build a profile.  Could you supply me with a simple tutorial where say, I start at NZAA with an ANZealand Majestic Dash 8 livery and scenery confined strictly to Orbx NZ and NZ add-on airfields.  If you just want to start me with any aircraft at a NZ airport I would be happy, but with the scenery limited.  Your utility is so versatile it is above my braingrade, way above.

As I fly mainly in NZ, Australia and western Europe you can see why I would like to avoid the massive scenery and Active Sky loadings that I get at the moment. I am sure five or six profiles in the end will keep me happy.

ps is it possible to download and import profiles?

• Developer

Hi,

first of all thank your for purchasing SIMstarter NG. Thats for sure a very powerful tool with a lot of possibilities - but after using it some days you will love it.

For me it's very hard to tell you how to manage your profiles, because this depends on your hardware, addon's e.g.

Let me tell you one of the use cases that a lot of virtual pilots are using with SIMstarter NG - using different profiles for Night and Day (because of Antialiasing performance drop in P3Dv4)

• Go to Simulator Configuration Manager and use the "(MASTER)" ConfigSet for the low and stable night settings, so you may reduce your AA Factor to MSAA. Create a new ConfigSet and call it "Daylight". This ConfigSet can contain SSAA=8 for more eye candy.
  • Go to Scenery Configuration Manager to create different Scenery Sets. You can disable Scenery titles that you don't need for night flying.
  • Last but not least create a second profile call it "Day light" and assign the ConfigSets that you've created before

There are a lot more features and functions out there but as you said you're "new" lets not open to many possibilites. I use different Scenery Config Sets to disable regions I don't need for this flight. Let's say ORBX UK, Norway, e.g. is not needed while I am flying from Munich to Hamburg. This saves a lot of loading time.

BUT: SORRY TO SAY, I can't support configuration questions at all. I am loving to answer your software related questions but "what's the best setting for my rig" needs to be answered by the community or by your self.

I am working on a video tutorial hope to release during x-mas time. Have you seen this nice FROOGLE intoduction video?

Archived