Help with Crash To Desktop Errors.

ezy75

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the whole world of FSX and the fine points of how to make it run smoothly but despite my best efforts I seem to have run into some issues recently which I am rather hoping some far more experienced guys might be able to help me out with. 

The biggest issue that I seem to have is with the Aerosoft Airbus Series Bundle for the A318/219/320/321 which I purchased a couple of months back. I have had two months of good flying with it unfortunately it seems now to have developed a crash to desktop habit which is making it now impossible to use. When I load my flight the aircraft loads cold and dark as it should but when I start to press buttons to begin the cockpit preparation I suddenly get a message saying that 'Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working':

Please login to display this image.

This is closely followed by a box with the following message:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B.

I have looked at the Windows Event Viewer and it is giving the following information:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: msjetoledb40.dll, version: 4.0.9801.0, time stamp: 0x596f958c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00013a32
Faulting process id: 0x1acc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3684268302263
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msjetoledb40.dll
Report Id: f7b31eb5-d435-11e7-8694-94de80b737c2

I have tested this at numerous different airports some of which have both freeware and payware scenery and some of which are simple FSX default scenery and this makes no difference. I have also found that when I use the PMDG 737 I do not seem to have this problem at all.

As you can tell I'm no computer expert so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The system I am using is below:

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel core i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00 GHz

16.0 gbs RAM

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
  Total available graphics memory 4096 MB
        Dedicated graphics memory 2048 MB
        Dedicated system memory 0 MB
        Shared system memory 2048 MB
  Display adapter driver version 9.18.13.3221
  Primary monitor resolution 1024x768

DirectX version