Question, important.

Okay, here is the question.

I am thinkin of getting this: https://www.fspilotshop.com/rex4-texture-direct-enhanced-edition-p-4787.html
But it needs 30 GB of install space, thats kinda hard on my SSD, will be big drive reduction if this has to be installed into the sim drive, i have a whole SSD at 256 gb for my p3d v4, so far i am down to 107 gb left, and if this has to be installed on the same drive, then i'll be down to 77 gb left. Wow, can this be installed on a separate drive, like E or G? Or does this has to go on the same disc as p3d v4?

• Deputy Sheriffs

BTW the link you posted refers to this topic. ;)

On the product page of the dev you find a manual which can be download, maybe it gives you some informations regarding the installation.

I actually bought this recently (with soft clouds) I'll check when I get home later this evening where it installed it to. I have a feeling it's outside of the actual sim folder, which would mean you can install it on another drive, but I'll double check it tonight and get back to you.

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

BTW the link you posted refers to this topic. ;)

On the product page of the dev you find a manual which can be download, maybe it gives you some informations regarding the installation.

Actually, eh no, just mark the link, and copy as text, then open a new window, you'll see. The link fools you, and i know why, aerosoft does not accept external links in this forum i think, thats why i refer to this post, please feel free to correct me if i am wrong, but i doubt that.

35 minutes ago, nealmac said:

I actually bought this recently (with soft clouds) I'll check when I get home later this evening where it installed it to. I have a feeling it's outside of the actual sim folder, which would mean you can install it on another drive, but I'll double check it tonight and get back to you.

I think it needs to be installed to p3d folder, but i hope it can be installed outside p3d on another drive, thats what i am hoping of, if so, i'll buy this :)

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, geir_haukland said:

Actually, eh no, just mark the link, and copy as text, then open a new window, you'll see. The link fools you, and i know why, aerosoft does not accept external links in this forum i think, thats why i refer to this post, please feel free to correct me if i am wrong, but i doubt that.

Hmmm,

should work: 

https://www.fspilotshop.com/rex4-texture-direct-enhanced-edition-p-4787.html

Well, i downloaded the pdf, but it was not much of a help there. It only say's that dont install it to programfiles(86) or something like that, but i dont, all i want is to make it work from another drive then p3d drive which is my D drive and its dedicated drive to only p3d v4, and if i have to install it there, then i will shrink the drive from 107 gb to 77 gb of space, i was kinda unhappy with that, so i hope it can be installed on another drive that i have in my system.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, if the manual says do not install into programfiles(x86) but elsewhere, you should be able to install it on a drive of your choice. BUt wait till Neal comes back or ask REX directly.

Guys, I'm so sorry, something important came up last night and I was unable to check that out. I'll definitely do it tonight. Although I'm surprised someone else hasn't been able to respond by now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 12:53 AM, geir_haukland said:

Okay Neal, any news yet? Still waiting... Turning grey now :lolsign_s:

No you do NOT have to install it on the same drive.

Further the 30gigs are true but you use only 4GB of them. Means; the 30GB are ALL textures combined. You can only select one from e.g. 10 so.... Yeah you use a fraction of 30 effectively. 

Archived