Gauges and etc not working with 1.02 update, V4.1 installed.

Justingm

I'm still having issues with the CRJ recent update, the gauges and etc are not working, after searching the forums it seems the issue is from having version 4.0 installed. However I have version 4.1 installed. So I'm not sure what to do? Ive tried, reinstalling with anti virus off, in admin mode, etc. 

• Aerosoft

There are several possible reasons that can cause the gauge files not to load.
First, the best hint that they are not loading is that the yoke is deflected fully left.

Now for the possible reasons:
1) If FSX or P3D has been installed to "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" (these are the default paths of the FSX/P3D installers but it's still a bad idea to put them there), running FSX/P3D as Administrator should solve the problem.

2) The CRJ relies on data from "Documents\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ", so if this folder doesn't exist, the gauge will terminate and unload. This seems to happen every from time to time and is an issue with the CRJ installer. As Mathijs said, probably the best cure is to reinstall the CRJ as Administrator

3) If the folder is not "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" and the "Documents\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ" folder exists, then it's likely that something else (C++ redistributable files or Simconnect) is missing. In this case I have no idea why that would happen, but I would recommend a reinstall as Administrator as well.

Ive tried reinstalling as an administrator, the airplane would load up as if cold and dark, yoke is in normal postion, but will not move, engines are running and etc. But nothing else works, can click on battery, nothing. 

I am having the same issue this is a disturbing matter since it renders the aircraft useless.  I have reinstalled 2x with the latest version as Admin. in my new P3Dv4.1 and NO change in results.All my files are in place also. As you can see from the photo the #2 radio works and nothing else.  What is the solution ??

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

We're running out of options here, but there's two more things you could try.

1) Log Files

• Open "<MyDocuments>\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\CRJ_P3Dv4.cfg" in a text editor (Notepad, Notepad++ or Visual Studio Code - do not use Word or something else that produces line breaks).
  • Search for "[Debug]". If it's already there, set the values to the ones below. If you can't find it, add the following lines at the end of the file:
    • [Debug]
      CreateMinidumps=0
      DebugLevel=3

• Save the file and exit the text editor

• Run P3Dv4 and load the CRJ, then quit P3D

• Use Windows Explorer to go to "<MyDocuments>\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\Logs", zip up all files in there into an archive and attach it to a post in this thread. If nothing is created, post here as well.

• Undo the changes you made in CRJ_P3Dv4.cfg (Set DebugLevel to zero - otherwise it will eat up frames)

2) Version Information

• Download our version information tool: ASVersionInfo.7z
  • Unzip it to a folder of your choice (You need WinRAR or 7-zip to unpack it) and run ASVersionInfo.exe
  • Save the results to a file and attach it to a post here in the forum.

Also please check Mathijs' solutions 2 and 3!

• Aerosoft

Let's stay organised here...

My post contains three questions, the one from Hans two more. If we get feedback on all these issues we are sure that we can identify the issue. But please, just replying to any of these questions will just result in a follow up from us 'how about the other questions'. 

As I mentioned previously in my post all the files are in the prospective place. Now I did find that when I load the aircraft in full screen all the gauges do show up, however

randomly then disappear which makes no sense. So in short I did answer all your questions as did the other customer in this thread.I If the files were missing I could not of given you a log report . Also if they were missing then they would not appear at all.And because some gauges appear and not others I believe that there is problem in the switching of views from full view to reduced view if that makes sense.

To reiterate :

#1 all files seem to be present

#2 the Simulator always runs as Admin.

#3 I believe the C++ redistributable files or Simconnect are present ,however {confirm simconnect location for CRJ 7-9}

27 minutes ago, starseed said:

As I mentioned previously in my post all the files are in the prospective place. Now I did find that when I load the aircraft in full screen all the gauges do show up, however

randomly then disappear which makes no sense. So in short I did answer all your questions as did the other customer in this thread.I If the files were missing I could not of given you a log report . Also if they were missing then they would not appear at all.And because some gauges appear and not others I believe that there is problem in the switching of views from full view to reduced view if that makes sense.

To reiterate :

#1 all files seem to be present

#2 the Simulator always runs as Admin.

#3 I believe the C++ redistributable files or Simconnect are present ,however {confirm simconnect location for CRJ 7-9}

Please forgive me if you've already tried this.  Would you kindly try loading into one of the default prop aircraft, and while inside the cockpit then select and load the CRJ-900 (not the 700, at least not for now).

INFORMATION REQUESTED:  If the above doesn't work, please right click on your main flight sim folder (in this case it would be "Prepar3D v4"), select Properties from the drop down list, then select the Security tab, select your Administrator account and take a screen shot of the permissions associated with that account.  Then do the same for you "Users" account.

QUESTION:  Do you have anyone high-end, third party addon aircraft that is working without problems?  If so, then your account permissions are probably fine, but it never hurts to rule things out.

In the meantime it never hurts to take take a second look at your computer security software. Third party and Windows Defender need to be disabled before installing any flight sim software. Windows Defender is normally disabled by Third Party Security Software, however Windows Defender comes back (without any notification) the moment one turns off their third party security software and this can trip us up. It's best to disable Windows Defender entirely if you have third part software rather than relying on the third party software to do it.  Additionally, once the installation is complete and we ENABLE our security software it can still quarantine some parts of the software. As such, when you're having problems such as this it's always a good idea to check the quarantine files in both Windows Defender and any third part software you have running.  I know it can be pain to setup security software, but these days it's unthinkable to run without it.

DaveCT2003;

I'm not new at this and I test other aircraft. I run all my Sim. platforms as Admin. I currently have most of the high end payware out there and all of them work fine.

I also have FSX ,P3dv3, P3dv4.1 and Xplane currently loaded on my system with no issues to speak of . , however I believe it is clearly an Aerosoft CRJ problem.

Thanks for the recommendation I'll give it a go.

#1 I ran P3D as admin. 

#2 Check locations, reran installer as Admin

#3 again everything is where its suppose to be, reran installer as admin

Still having same issue, All my payware is working fine, TFDI, and all PMDG aircraft working just fine. My virus software is turned off, I have administrator rights to the P3D file. 

I'm lost at what to do. I still had a copy of Version 1.1 and it installed that version and it worked just fine. It seems this issue is becoming common among other users. 

• Developer
vor 7 Stunden , Justingm sagte:

#1 I ran P3D as admin. 

#2 Check locations, reran installer as Admin

#3 again everything is where its suppose to be, reran installer as admin

Still having same issue, All my payware is working fine, TFDI, and all PMDG aircraft working just fine. My virus software is turned off, I have administrator rights to the P3D file. 

I'm lost at what to do. I still had a copy of Version 1.1 and it installed that version and it worked just fine. It seems this issue is becoming common among other users. 

Do you have the same issue that Starseed describes (VC instruments missing, 2D visible) or is your cockpit completely dark and the yoke turned full left?

Also, can you please provide the information I asked for in my previous post? I would like to help, but without knowing what's going on, I can't.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the latest version and noticed I was still having the same issue. However in my control panel I'm showing P3D as Version 4.1. I noticed in my event viewer it showed my P3D as 4.0. So i reinstalled the client, content, and scenery installers for version 4.1 and now the latest version of CRJ is working again!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Glad you got it finally working.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived