Liveries not showing in FSX

Captain Moose

Hi there;

Just installed Aerosoft Airbus A320/321 from Steam store on my FSX-SE.  The base models show fine in FSX but none of the liveries I downloaded from Aerosoft are showing.  All were installed using the Livery Manager and I have the "Show Variations" checkbox in FSX checked.

I installed them while FSX wasn't running and restarted my PC but still liveries "no show". I've attached the aircraft.cfg file from the "Aerosoft Airbus A320 CFM" where most of the liveries are installed.

Thank you,

M

aircraft.cfg

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have you started the livery manager as administrator (right click on exe file, then "Run as Administrator")? If not, please do so and install the liveries again.

Please report back, if that fixes your problem.

Unfortunately that was not it.  I uninstalled one of the Liveries and reinstalled it again from the Livery Manager running as administrator then started FSX and it is still not there.  All the Livery files are under the FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A320 CFM/  (in this case it is the Holgers' [A320 NEO CFM EGYPTAIR SU-NEO].

Thanks Tom...

M

• Deputy Sheriffs

Depending on the livery it might have been developed for the older AXE. The liveries are compatible in general, but there might be a minor modification needed. Please have a look here:

Hey Tom;
I went through the post and tired some recommendations.  I also uninstalled the Addon completely including the livery manager and installed it back again in Steam (which is running as administrator as well), recycled FSX-SE. Then I installed the Livery Manager ran it as administrator and had the same problem after installing a livery.  Would you send me one livery you know for sure works to isolate the problem further?

Also, for some reason the texture.zip file in the thread is downloading to zero bytes (empty).  Am I the only one experiencing this?

The texture.cfg file that installs with this livery looks like this:
[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Texture_Fallback_VC
fallback.2=..\..\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Texture_Fallback_A320
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

I edited it as follows. Note that there is no location in FSX-SE that translate to what is stated in fallback.4 
[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\..\..\DLC\500201\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Texture_Fallback_VC
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\DLC\500201\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Texture_Fallback_A320
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
//fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

thx
m

[[RESOLVED]]

Ok, I figured it out.

Apparently, I set the wrong configuration when the Livery Manager ran the first time which is recorded in the Livery Manager livman.ini.  I guess it looks for the SimObjects folder where the Aerosoft Airbus was installed and it suggests on the first run the FSX folder, which is fine for the normal FSX, but for FSX-SE addons installed through Steam the SimObjects folder is installed under FSX\DLC\500201.  Once I updated the livman.ini everything worked fine.

I hope this helps other people that install Aerosoft Aribus from the Steam client.

Btw; what is the difference between clean and dirty options in the Livery Manager?

thanks for all your help...

m

• Deputy Sheriffs

Glad to read you fixed it ;)

1 hour ago, MoSim said:

Btw; what is the difference between clean and dirty options in the Livery Manager?

The clean one is sort of fresh fro the car wash, the dirty one show a certain amount of dirt (looks more realistic).

• 5 months later...
On 11/25/2017 at 9:47 PM, MoSim said:

[[RESOLVED]]

Ok, I figured it out.

Apparently, I set the wrong configuration when the Livery Manager ran the first time which is recorded in the Livery Manager livman.ini.  I guess it looks for the SimObjects folder where the Aerosoft Airbus was installed and it suggests on the first run the FSX folder, which is fine for the normal FSX, but for FSX-SE addons installed through Steam the SimObjects folder is installed under FSX\DLC\500201.  Once I updated the livman.ini everything worked fine.

I hope this helps other people that install Aerosoft Aribus from the Steam client.

m

I'm having the same Problem but I didn't understand what you did. Can you please explain briefly what I should do?

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Basically change the destination folder to C:\........\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\500201 

You can do it by adding DLC\500201 into the link on the settings (livman) under Livery Manager folder. To check that it works, the default livery will show up.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/25/2017 at 11:17 AM, Captain Moose said:

[[RESOLVED]]

Ok, I figured it out.

m

Hello, So I have the same problem here, the thing here is that my FSX-SE does not include a folder called DLC someone help, Thankyou.

Archived