HUD Display Outline Depicted in ASCA Clouds

canadagoose

I noticed on a flight yesterday that when I was flying through clouds, AS2016 BTW, the Outline shape of the HUD seemed embedded in the windshield, even though it was not activated. This ONLY happens when I fly through the clouds. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything like this?

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 minutes ago, canadagoose said:

tired of the one word replies

On 24/11/2017 at 6:52 PM, canadagoose said:

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything like this?

I guess not then.

Please provide a screenshot (.png or .jpg file format) of this.

Being a Tom as well, we are so sarcastic aren't we?...LOL. Thanks for getting back to me on this. Here is a quick screen I did flying out of Hobart (YMHB) in a Thunderstorm. I hope it helps. I was using AS2016 with ASCA as well.

Regards,

Tom

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

We have never seen or heard anything like that. But we also do not have ASCA installed on any of our systems so it is impossible to say if it that add-on or something selse on your system. It is however easy to get these issues with a tweaked config.

This is not really a biggy for me, since this image is not constantly fixed on the screen, just occasionally when I pass through heavy overcast clouds. So, if it cannot be diagnosed and fixed, I’m OK with that. It is what it is.

Regards

• Aerosoft

As far as I can see it is only you who has this issue. We are unable to recreate it in any form, but we have not installed ASCA, so it could very well be that something in that add-on is not 100% standard to the SDK.  I hope you will accept that testing with all possible add-ons is simply not possible and we will never guarantee everything to work with everything. 

Quote: "As far as I can see it is only you who has this issue."

You have not installed AS2016 with ASCA? Then what weather software are you using? In order to test your product properly you must have used some kind of weather generator as most customers no doubt have and use. How hard would it be to install Hifi's  AS2016 w\ASCA and try again? Simple, right? Your explanation seems to be a copout to me, doesn't hold water. Sorry, but your comment "As far as I can see it is only you who has this issue." are obviously poorly chosen words. Whether it is 1 or 1000 customers with a problem, each and every one of those customers is important. So now you have displayed to me your attitude with regard to this issue to a long standing loyal customer (have a look at my purchase record) such as myself. Thank you very much and who knows, maybe in some magical way the issue will take care of itself with the next update.

Have a Nice Day\Night

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, canadagoose said:

You have not installed AS2016 with ASCA?

Well most of us use Active Sky but not ASCA as it is another addon.

3 hours ago, canadagoose said:

Whether it is 1 or 1000 customers with a problem, each and every one of those customers is important.

Yes customers are important, but you can not test any possible combination of sim configurations with all available addons (payware and freeware) available on the market. And Aerosoft can not debug individual systems to find that somebody uses a freeware (containing part of stolen code) which messed up the lights like it happened with SPAI.

This might not be satisfying for you, but I'm sure that there are more people using the CRJ on FSX with AS2016 and ASCA. And if they start reporting this problem too, we might get some hints what the problem might be, as Frank already said.

• Aerosoft
On 12/7/2017 at 4:21 AM, canadagoose said:

Quote: "As far as I can see it is only you who has this issue."

You have not installed AS2016 with ASCA? Then what weather software are you using? In order to test your product properly you must have used some kind of weather generator as most customers no doubt have and use. How hard would it be to install Hifi's  AS2016 w\ASCA and try again? Simple, right? Your explanation seems to be a copout to me, doesn't hold water. Sorry, but your comment "As far as I can see it is only you who has this issue." are obviously poorly chosen words. Whether it is 1 or 1000 customers with a problem, each and every one of those customers is important. So now you have displayed to me your attitude with regard to this issue to a long standing loyal customer (have a look at my purchase record) such as myself. Thank you very much and who knows, maybe in some magical way the issue will take care of itself with the next update.

Have a Nice Day\Night

No we do not have a huge bank of PC with all possible versions of the sim and all add-ons and testing with all possible add-ons would mean we would never release. Just take your issue, if it is indeed caused by the CRJ we could only have found it if we tested all four supported sims, with all the biggest weather engines (say 4) in a lot of different conditions (visibility, time, say 60 combinations). That would mean just for this issue at least a few hours to a day or two.  And that is ONLY to find the issue that you reported.  

I have tested this now wirt ASCA as I wanted to be sure I replied to you correctly. And I tested at five airports, with a few different visibility ranges and at different sunsettings. I spend a good deal of time on it. With absolutely no results.

Now the simple fact is that we have never seen this issue, no other customer has reported it and we have no idea what causes it. That does not mean I do not believe that you do not have it, it just means that I can't recreate the issue so we have little or no way to solve it. Hans will for sure look, but the chance is simply pretty large that it is an issue only on your machine and not a bug in the software. 

I am sorry you felt offended, it was in no way intended like that, but please see the logic in the fact that we are simply unable to guarantee that our software runs with every possible combination of add-ons. Your combination is not abnormal and we have that on a lot of our machines. And as said we have never seen it. Exactly what would you prefer us to do at this moment?

On 11/30/2017 at 12:03 PM, canadagoose said:

This is not really a biggy for me, since this image is not constantly fixed on the screen, just occasionally when I pass through heavy overcast clouds. So, if it cannot be diagnosed and fixed, I’m OK with that. It is what it is.

Regards

As stated before this was not a deal breaker for me. I accept your explanation as stated above. I know not all systems are the same, this may even be a one off situation and if Hans finds something, OK, if not we will move on.

Regards

• Developer

Even if I find something, I'm not the one who can fix it. Stefan Hoffmann would have to look into that and see if it can be fixed or if it is just caused by limitations in the graphics engine (which is not unlikely).

Archived