What changes are done to Prepar3D.cfg by Sim-Wings?

WebMaximus

Noticed how some of my Sim-Wings airports such as Malaga and Mallorca have created backups of my Prepar3D.cfg file indicating some changes were done to this file at the time of installation.

What are these changes?

I like knowing what is done to my Prepar3D.cfg file since I try to touch it as little as possible even myself and I certainly don't like when it's modified by external programs without my knowledge.

Interesting question indeed, because sometimes it is needed to rebuild the file. And then it won't automatically import these adjusted settings...

• Developer

I have forward the question to Andreas Muegge, he is making all installers.

In case of Simwings addons I don't see any reason for changes in the cfg (FSX or P3D) and whould expect, that the installer makes the backup always, even when no changes are done.

Maybe some Products need to change the Texturesize settings, when the user select HD Texturesets for example. But this is not an option for simwings Addons.

The next time you install a addon, open a DOS Box direct after the install is finished and use the comp <cfg> <backup cfg> to check, if they are identical or not.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To my knowledge the AS installer creates a backup of the CFG in any case, regardless if it introduces any modifications or not. That ensures, that it will not be forgotten accidentally in cases where it is really needed (wanted).

3 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

To my knowledge the AS installer creates a backup of the CFG in any case, regardless if it introduces any modifications or not. That ensures, that it will not be forgotten accidentally in cases where it is really needed (wanted).

OK, got it.

• Developer

Andreas has confirmed, that the Backup of the prepar3d.cfg (same as scenery.cfg) is a standard task of the actuell installer and for sim-wings (and most other scenery addons), no changes will be made.

Archived