Update timeframe?

I know that developers and publishers don't like time frame releated questions. But please understand that this is not an common situation. Please understand your customer's frustration. We have bought a product that was supposed to be ready for release, and 2.5 months later, the autopilot is not usable.  

I check the forums every day but I don't see any news yet. The latest update was the hope to fix our problems, but with a new silence going on, I don't know if something is expected soon. I'm not interested of getting frustration from autopilot problems, so my CRJ is on hangar until this is fixed.

I would like to honestly ask you when this is going to be fixed. Is it going to happen this month or we are facing a long process? 

5 hours ago, Ifikratis said:

I know that developers and publishers don't like time frame related questions. But please understand that this is not an common situation. Please understand your customer's frustration. We have bought a product that was supposed to be ready for release, and 2.5 months later, the autopilot is not usable.  

I check the forums every day but I don't see any news yet. The latest update was the hope to fix our problems, but with a new silence going on, I don't know if something is expected soon. I'm not interested of getting frustration from autopilot problems, so my CRJ is on hangar until this is fixed.

I would like to honestly ask you when this is going to be fixed. Is it going to happen this month or we are facing a long process? 

As a frustrated customer as well, I understand your feelings. The autopilot problems should not even be an issue at this point. During beta testing for sure, but not at this stage where they are probably working  desperately (I hope) right now to in effect, upgrade the 1.0.2.0 UPGRADE! But it is what it is and as a long-time paying customer I am willing, on my part, to show them a little confidence and patience to get these problems ironed out.

3 hours ago, canadagoose said:

As a frustrated customer as well, I understand your feelings. The autopilot problems should not even be an issue at this point. During beta testing for sure, but not at this stage where they are probably working  desperately (I hope) right now to in effect, upgrade the 1.0.2.0 UPGRADE! But it is what it is and as a long-time paying customer I am willing, on my part, to show them a little confidence and patience to get these problems ironed out.

I spoke with Hans about this yesterday and there is another update coming which he believes will put this matter to rest.

From what Hans explained, certain combinations of waypoints that caused a problem with the waypoint switching logic. This is why some people (really it would be "some routes") experienced this problem and others didn't.

Below is the route I flew under the 1.0.2.0 update, on November 19th in which I did not experience any route following issue save for one waypoint which I had entered just before the course change to that waypoint. Other than that, the aircraft tracked to each waypoint and the Direct To function worked perfectly.  I have a video of the flight as well which I'd be happy to upload and provide a link to if necessary, though it would be far better if one would actually fly the same route as I did and report what they find.

There is room to believe that the problem with waypoint switching logic may have been induced, complicated and/or exacerbated by post release Hotfixes, which so often occurs (change one thing in the software and the change unknowingly affects other things).  As some may recall, post release HotFixes occurred at an extremely fast rate, so the testing that was done on them was often limited to ensuring that HotFix resolved the issue that prompted it rather than full, in-depth aircraft wide testing which is done prior to a Service Pack update.

ROUTE:  KCLT-KMIA FL 350 ICONS3 NOOKS SAV J103 OMN HILEY6

The ICONS3 contains a vector to GILFN which was the first Direct To test during the flight.

The waypoint the autopilot didn't track automatically track to (the only one experienced during the flight) was MALET, which was entered just before a course change to that waypoint, making it difficult to know if it was the entry just before the course change that caused this (which would be a different bug) or if it would have happened if MALET had been entered from the start (or at least while the aircraft had two or more waypoints to fly to before MALET). Regardless, I'll fly this route after the next update and compare it to the original flight.  NOTE:  MALET is not an Enroute waypoint, it is the first waypoint after the OMN transition on the HILEY6 arrival. MALET was not included FMS when the HILEY6 was selected, which is why MALET had to be entered manually.  MALET is included in the Navigraph HILEY6 NavData (Cycle 1712).

The CRJ and FSX/P3D flightplans were obtained from SimBrief.

Best wishes.

On 11/24/2017 at 11:12 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

I spoke with Hans about this yesterday and there is another update coming which he believes will put this matter to rest.

From what Hans explained, certain combinations of waypoints that caused a problem with the waypoint switching logic. This is why some people (really it would be "some routes") experienced this problem and others didn't.

Below is the route I flew under the 1.0.2.0 update, on November 19th in which I did not experience any route following issue save for one waypoint which I had entered just before the course change to that waypoint. Other than that, the aircraft tracked to each waypoint and the Direct To function worked perfectly.  I have a video of the flight as well which I'd be happy to upload and provide a link to if necessary, though it would be far better if one would actually fly the same route as I did and report what they find.

There is room to believe that the problem with waypoint switching logic may have been induced, complicated and/or exacerbated by post release Hotfixes, which so often occurs (change one thing in the software and the change unknowingly affects other things).  As some may recall, post release HotFixes occurred at an extremely fast rate, so the testing that was done on them was often limited to ensuring that HotFix resolved the issue that prompted it rather than full, in-depth aircraft wide testing which is done prior to a Service Pack update.

ROUTE:  KCLT-KMIA FL 350 ICONS3 NOOKS SAV J103 OMN HILEY6

The ICONS3 contains a vector to GILFN which was the first Direct To test during the flight.

The waypoint the autopilot didn't track automatically track to (the only one experienced during the flight) was MALET, which was entered just before a course change to that waypoint, making it difficult to know if it was the entry just before the course change that caused this (which would be a different bug) or if it would have happened if MALET had been entered from the start (or at least while the aircraft had two or more waypoints to fly to before MALET). Regardless, I'll fly this route after the next update and compare it to the original flight.  NOTE:  MALET is not an Enroute waypoint, it is the first waypoint after the OMN transition on the HILEY6 arrival. MALET was not included FMS when the HILEY6 was selected, which is why MALET had to be entered manually.  MALET is included in the Navigraph HILEY6 NavData (Cycle 1712).

The CRJ and FSX/P3D flightplans were obtained from SimBrief.

Best wishes.

Thank you very much Dave. Thanks for the extensive reply. I hope this upcoming update will sort things out and let us reliably fly the CRJ in the simulator. 

1 hour ago, Ifikratis said:

Thank you very much Dave. Thanks for the extensive reply. I hope this upcoming update will sort things out and let us reliably fly the CRJ in the simulator. 

Most welcome my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Close to 3 weeks now from my initial question and still no further news for the update. Can you guys give us a headsup of when we should expect the update? In my first post I tried to make it clear that you have to understand that we can't fly the plane with a basic function of the autopilot not working. Please understand that this problem makes a user not willing to fly and risk losing his time by autopilot bugs. We didn't paid for a beta, and since August we still wait. Please I expect a solid answer of when we should expect the fix. At least a rough estimate.

Back on Nov 23 it was stated "another update coming which he believes will put this matter to rest", but as usual no word on release. Look how long we waited for the last update. 

This plane is still too buggy for me to fly. The plane struggles to fly the LNAV profile, I get a right wing dip of 15-20 degrees when approaching a waypoint, and I get other strange wing tips when changing some settings in the FMC. 

This will be the last product from Aerosoft I ever buy. I'm not sure which is worse, the plane not being able to follow a NAV path after years of development or the handling of the whole situation.

Not too pleased with being left standing with my Airbus purchase either. Most other planes that I bought have been upgraded at no cost to P3Dv4. 

Well, I hope we'll get an answer today or tomorrow. Aerosoft is a respectful company and I expect a reply, not silence. If the fix is not on the horizon yet, I'd like to know how I can get a refund.

• Aerosoft

CRJ v1.0.3 Full Build

- [Fixed] Several LNAV issues
- [Fixed] Drawing of line to DIR-TO waypoint
- [Changed] Allowed outbound turn for arc legs (up to 20 degrees before end of arc instead of 10 degrees as before)
- [Added] HGS clipping polygon for attitude elements
- [Fixed] Stutters on flightplans which contain DME Arcs
- [Changed] Maximum autopilot bank angle is now at 30 degrees during LNAV-flown SIDs, STARs and approaches. Otherwise it remains at 25 degrees
- [Fixed] Arcs should now be flown better
- [Fixed] HGS pitch scale 
- [Fixed] HGS flight path vector
- [Fixed] HGS flight director
- [Fixed] Waypoint switching and FROM waypoint drawing changed
- [Fixed] Actual N1 slightly lower than commanded N1
- [Fixed] Left PFD CDI (nav source FMS)
- [Fixed] FA announcement "Landing abort" no longer playing on ground
- [Added] New GSX files
- [Changed] DAVE: Buttons for stair railings are now disabled while main door is opening/closing
- [Fixed] FA: Seatbelts OFF announcement after C&D -> Battery ON
- [Fixed] Door control now compatible with GSX and similar tools
- [Fixed] GPWS Mode 2 terrain closure rate calculation
- [Fixed] Barometer flashing until TA is passed (if TL != TA)
- [Fixed] Cabin Secure announcement no longer plays after landing
- [Added] GNSS CTL page on FMS INDEX page
- [Added] GNSS STATUS page
- [Added] SBAS Service page
- [Added] NPA RAIM page
- [Added] 5 minute cooldown periods for "after landing" FA announcements
- [Fixed] PFD/MFD Bearing pointers
- [Fixed] Flaps 20 max speed for -700 changed from 220 to 230 knots (not model yet!)

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Sure hope it shows up today. Dying to try out the new update. Pane has been collecting dust in the hanger over the last few months.

I meant to say Plane, LOL

Archived