Checklist camera not proper

divinglyc

Hi! Aerosoft team

I have a similar issue as another user (but not quite the same) and I have done a reinstall following your suggestion.

My issue is: when I click on the text of a specific checklist item, the camera won't shift to a proper view. 

For example: if I click "Control locks" or "Parking Brake", it goes to the overhead panel (refer to my first pic). If I click "Fuel Selector", it goes to other improper view(my 2nd pic). It never goes to the proper view.

What can I do to fix it? BTW, I am using Chasplane too, but it's the same even if I close Chaseplane.

Thanks.

ps. I am using P3D v4.1, Windows 10 pro. version.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

23 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am unable to recreate this issue.

I also find my panel view selector is a mess... I mean it's not the camera view as it indicated.

I know you are unable to recreate this issue because it might be something conflicting or else.

However, we would be appreciated if you could please help us clarify and solve this.

I just bought this plane for 2 days....

Thanks!!

1 minute ago, mopperle said:

I also do not have this issue (see small video below). Question is, do you have applied any tweaks? Are you using a 3rd party addon interfering with the built in view system of the Twotter, like EzDock, Chaseplan etc.?

2017-11-23_12h20_45.mp4

I have not used any tweaks. However, I do have Chaseplane installed. But as I said, this happened even if I have closed or disabled Chaseplane. 

So I am not sure if it's related.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The problem is that when you install an external view system, it tends to mess up the special viewsystem of an aircraft (like the Twotter or the Airbus). What you can try:
- Disable Chaseplane

- uninstall the Twotter

- delete all remaining folders of the Twotter

- install it again but do not activate Chaseplane and check again.

55 minutes ago, mopperle said:

The problem is that when you install an external view system, it tends to mess up the special viewsystem of an aircraft (like the Twotter or the Airbus). What you can try:
- Disable Chaseplane

- uninstall the Twotter

- delete all remaining folders of the Twotter

- install it again but do not activate Chaseplane and check again.

Hi! Thanks!

I tried and it's the same.......

As @Borgillios said, he doesn't use any camera addon but it's still the same.

45 minutes ago, Borgillios said:

I have tried the solution to copy the camera.cfg, and it does not fix it for me. 

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

I found this old topic

Maybe it helps you although it is for FSX.

OK.. I have figured it out.

It's indeed the Chaseplane for me....

@Borgillios You can try this: Deleate camera.cfg in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 (after back it up)

And then open P3D again. I think everything will be fine then. At least it works for me.

But, in this way, I cannot use Chaseplane at all! Once I activate Chaseplane, everything will go back to the beginning.....

Does that mean I have to choose between Chaseplane and the Checklist camera?

Can't they work together??

@mopperle Thanks for your suggestion! So you don't use any camera addon?

• Deputy Sheriffs
38 minutes ago, divinglyc said:

mopperle Thanks for your suggestion! So you don't use any camera addon?

No, used EzDock at FSX times, but after completely switching to P3D, dont use any camera addon. I do not use any such addons, cameras, shader tweaks etc. at all and this might be the reaso, why I do not have 90% of those issues reported by other users. Even on my meanwhile 8 years old PC ;)

• Aerosoft

Gents, if Chaseplane is installed you should totally ignore the view system that we build in Chaseplane is simply a lot better. But as they change the system build in things can easily fail. And they can be very tricky to remove, I still have a  camera called ChasePlane Camera in all aircraft even though chaseplane is no longer installed. Drives me up the wall.

This ia s very old project and we currently have no plans to open it.

16 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Gents, if Chaseplane is installed you should totally ignore the view system that we build in Chaseplane is simply a lot better. But as they change the system build in things can easily fail. And they can be very tricky to remove, I still have a  camera called ChasePlane Camera in all aircraft even though chaseplane is no longer installed. Drives me up the wall.

Sad to hear since i dont have Any camera addons installed and bought your product two days ago. It does not work as advertized. See my previousy added video. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
29 minutes ago, Borgillios said:

It does not work as advertized

Sorry, it does, see my video, and as you are the only one with that problem, maybe a fresh install could be the solution.

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You are right. This function is not a "must-have" one as long as we have some camera addon.

It's just more convenient for us when we are still not quite familiar with where all the buttons and knobs are.

There is no illustrator of the cockpit in the manual.. so...

Thank you anyway......

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, Borgillios said:

Sad to hear since i dont have Any camera addons installed and bought your product two days ago. It does not work as advertized. See my previousy added video. 

To settle this issue... I installed the Twotter on my test machine (that is one that has a pristine P3d V4.1, reset every night) and it simply worked. It has to be a local issue on your machine that prevents it from working. 

I run FSX sp2, have you tested that with the latest version of the Twotter? Well what kind of local issue could it be? I have done 2 reinstalls of the Twotter. I have dumped the camera cfg and i don’t have any camera addon. 

Archived