TNCB aircraft below runway and ramp

seippg

Hi,

I've searched the forum and tried the various fixes found in the threads for TNCB Bonaire, but, after trying them, both my aircraft and AI aircraft are still sunk below the runway and ramp.  Also, there's a large invisible obstacle that my GTN 750 is reporting (repeatedly) on departure.  From looking at the threads, it seems this airport has some problems that were never addressed.  I'm using P3D 3.4.  What can I do?

Thanks, 

Gregg

Thanks for the reply Mathijs.

I use FreeMeshX and MyTraffic.  I removed TNCB from MyTraffic.  After that, as an experiment, I uninstalled the airport and restarted my sim.  It was perfectly flat, all the problems were gone...no obstacle on departure...my aircraft and AI planes were not sunk in.  Seems that they're doing something that isn't working.

Gregg

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well it could simply be that Freemeshx has an incorrect altitude and oversampled mesh. Not the first time we had some issues with freemesh to be honest.

Not sure what an oversampled mesh is or why it would affect this airport and not the default.  I have airports all over the Caribbean which seem to work well with FreeMeshX so I wouldn't want to remove that since it corrects many things.  Is there a possible solution?

EDIT: Actually, the only places I have FreeMeshX is Europe and Asia...not any other place.  So, it's something else.

• Aerosoft

Oversampled mesh is when the developer takes a 20 meter mesh and creates a 10 meter mesh from it. That pushes it up in the order to be loaded for the sim, but of course it contains a lot of data that is not based on real information.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Oversampled mesh is when the developer takes a 20 meter mesh and creates a 10 meter mesh from it. That pushes it up in the order to be loaded for the sim, but of course it contains a lot of data that is not based on real information.

Learn something new.  Thanks.  Do you know if a mesh comes with this airport?

On 11/24/2017 at 1:48 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I have no idea if the product some with a mesh. Have you tried disabling the free mesh to see if that solves the problem?

There's nothing to disable.  I was mistaken about FreeMeshX being installed there.  I only have it installed for Europe and the Far East.  I guess I'll try disabling files in the airport to see if something works.

• 1 month later...

Archived