PC Aviator AU Aerosoft download products

scotth6

Hi,

I have purchased a number of Aerosoft products through PC Aviator AU in the past, yet it now seems they no longer stock any download products from Aerosoft.  What will happen with any future updated versions of any Aerosoft download products?

I am thinking currently about Skiathos, as I purchased this product through PC Aviator, so how will I access the new V1.5 when they no longer have Aerosoft download products in their store?  I have already contacted support and have basically been told bad luck, and to see this thread (which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot):

Cheers,

It is quite clear to me that this new version of Skiathos is a new product.  Eg here is the description from Simmarket:

"If you previously purchased AEROSOFT - SKIATHOS X - THE GREEK ST. MAARTEN (DOWNLOAD) or AEROSOFT - SKIATHOS X - THE GREEK ST. MAARTEN (BOX) at simMarket, you are entitled for a free upgrade. Simply purchase the product and you will not be charged. NOTE: The special upgrade price will be awarded automatically, therefore you must be logged into your same account used to purchase the previous version! If in doubt contact simMarket support first! NO REFUNDS GIVEN!"

As PC Aviator no longer stock Aerosoft downloads, for whatever reason, then it is obvious they will not be stocking or uploading this new version of Skiathos, therefore I will not have access to it.

The person I spoke to in support could not seem to grasp this, or did not care.  A very simple solution would be to offer the already implemented Update Database version to download customers who can not access the new version any other way, rather than only boxed version customers.  I will honestly be very disappointed if this is not considered.

• Aerosoft

I am sorry you would feel disappointed but as we did not sell this product to you and we thus have no vendor-client contract there is absolutely no obligation for us to do anything. You decide to buy the product at a certain vendor and under any law I know of that vendor is obliged to offer you the support for that product, even if he does not sell it anymore. However I do not think that service includes giving you free access to new versions, so indeed you could be out of luck.

I will see if we can do anything though.

• Aerosoft

I discussed this internally and we still feel that PC Aviator is responsible. Their main shop (the USA one) still sells our product so they should be able to give you access to it.

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=21477&cat=0&page=1

If they refuse, please send me the conversation you have with them at support@aerosoft.com

Hi Mathijs,

I appreciate you at least looking in to this.  I was not thinking along the lines of laws or obligations (I am not a businessman), but rather just looking for assistance in accessing the product which is a free update to anyone who purchased from the "right" place.  I find it kind of ironic that I would have been given access to the new version if I had purchased the boxed product, as it is usually the other way around, and the download version of products usually leads to easier access to updates.

I am not having a go at you or anyone else, and I understand there are some processes that must be adhered to.  I have now been offered assistance in the matter by the developer, so all is good, and this matter may be closed.

Cheers,

Archived