Aerosoft Anchorage and Fairbanks updates hopefully.

DarrenHowie

Just thought i would put this out there as to how important those two airports are for the many guys who do Bush and Heavy metal cargo flying.

Very much hoping you guys will update them and id be happy to pay to make them mega status etc.

If your flying anything from a C185 a Beaver or a 747-400 these airports are critical to all Alaskan flight ops.

Very much hoping to see them released for V4!

Please..lol

Thanks for all the great updates.

Darren

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll throw in my vote as well. Would love to see Anchorage X brought up to modern standards. It a huge gateway airport and an important fuel stop. Hoping Aerosoft gives PANC some love. 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys big thanks for the PANC update. Glad to see lots of screenies as peopple launch on freighter ops out of ANC!

Hopefully a Fairbanks update comes down the track!

thanks for doing ANC!!!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

To quote from the product description:

Compatible with FTX South Alaska (compatibility switchable via the config tool, changes include an adaptation to the custom FTX season times and a recoloured aerial image

Yes, but I have just had an official email from AS support stating it isn't.

This is why I thought it sensible to ask someone who is actually in possession of both. But.... thankyou for your concern over my intelligence.

In fact, in the interest of total transparency, here is the email I received:

Tom W Sanchez (Aerosoft - Support Service)

Jan 23, 13:36 CET

Dear Sir, no with Anchorage not either compatible,lots of issues then, I tested myself, so not recommended. Kind regards.

Gh62

Gh62

Jan 22, 20:37 CET

Hi.

Are Oslo and Tromso airports, FTX Norway compatible, with matching seasonal textures, as is the case with Anchorage (with FTX Alaska) ?

Thnx

So one is incorrect... either the Support staff member, or the description.

Or I have completely misunderstood the reply.... which to be honest could well be the case

• Aerosoft
9 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

So one is incorrect... either the Support staff member, or the description.

Indeed. I'll talk to Tom to make sure his experience is shared with the project manager.
For now I suggest to follow the product page.

Well, to be honest the developer should know.

As with Norway, FTX scenery has a complex algorithm for calculating season, especially regarding hard winter textures.

I certainly do not expect perfection, just a reasonable match.... so that we do not get green grass when the surrounding land is white or brown, as many UK2000 airports still do.

And as I would like to purchase Oslo and Tromso as well, and Fairbanks (?), it would clearly be important that they would fit in well with FTX......

OrbX has a lot to answer for ! Not only does it cost me a lot, I only buy other scenery if it matches !

To be honest, FTX is becoming the 'Gold standard', and all airport designers should make matching the two, their first priority..... in my opinion.... and with respect !

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And as Mopperle and I said, we will check that out. 

Please keep in mind that we simply do not know the complete compatibility with all existing add-ons by heart, sometimes they need to be checked.

Yes, understandable. Thank you.

If you could inform me as to the status of Oslo and Tromso, too, it would be helpful.

• Aerosoft

mr Gabe777, you seem to have missed my post, perhaps it was just updating while you were writing.

As said we will check this out. But there are many add-ons that change the sim. OrbX is a big one for sure, but far from the only one. In our latest market research 14% of user had that installed. Large enough to seriously take into account of course. If you just answer Mopperles question we'll be able to check it out for you. In the mean time I suggest simply not to buy the product if you feel insecure and to relax.

• Developer

I can only talk about Sim-wings Anchorage Professional for P3D V4:

It is Orbx compatible and optimized with the today released Version 1.10 to fix the last elevation issues seen with the release version.

When the Orbx FTX NA South Alaska Switch is used in the Configtool, the Season switch the same time as the Orbx Landclass around the airport, not as the default landclasses, the photoground is optimized in colors to fit to the landclasses of Orbx and the Terrian is full adapt to fit to the Mesh included in the Orbx Product.

So it is full compatible. Other statements may based on old Version, but not on the P3D V4 professional Version.

This is the official statement of the developers, as I am one of them for the Prof. version.

Regarding Oslo and Tromso I can't say anything, there I am not involved.

Thanks Op...... simple answer to what, at least started out as, a simple question.

Thnx.

Now I guess I need to go through the same tortuous process, to find out the answer to the same questions, vis a vis Tromso and Oslo.

Oh my, flight simming never gets any easier does it.....?!

Well, that can wait for another day. I need a valium.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

mr Gabe777, you seem to have missed my post, perhaps it was just updating while you were writing.

As said we will check this out. But there are many add-ons that change the sim. OrbX is a big one for sure, but far from the only one. In our latest market research 14% of user had that installed. Large enough to seriously take into account of course. If you just answer Mopperles question we'll be able to check it out for you. In the mean time I suggest simply not to buy the product if you feel insecure and to relax.

Trust me, Mr Kokch, that  '14 percent' will double by the end of the year.

As hardware gets more powerful and P3D gets more efficient, simmers will move to better looking, and more complex scenery.... which includes FTX.

Additionally, and you should be aware of this, they will eventually cover the entire planet..... and possibly Mars too ... thereby, attracting additional customers - including Martians !

• 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, Scott434 said:

Will Fairbanks PAFA be available for P3Dv4 at some point?

Will be checked. As soon as we know more, you might see an announcement here in the forum.

Archived