Critical Error:Scheme File Progam Settings Corrupt.

Rich_Cooke

Hi! I just bought Sim Starter NG today.  I installed it - with admin privileges - but as soon as I launched it I got the error

"Critical Error:Scheme File Program Settings Corrupt. Can't run SimstarterNG"

I searched this forum and followed the advice and  uninstalled, rebooted my PC, turned off Windows Defender and reinstalled to the default directory Sim Starter NG.  Got exactly the same error message.  I am using Windows 10 fully up to date with MS FSX Steam Edition.

What can I do to get Sim Starter NG to work please.

Thanks

Rich Cooke

• Deputy Sheriffs

You need to convince SIMstarter to autoupdate to the latest version which fixes this problem.

For details please have a look here:

Thanks Tom A320 - That worked.  There was no entry in the config file for updates but Sim Starter NG launched after i put that entry in.  I searched for the error message but it didn't pick up that thread.

Just as a (hopefully) helpful suggestion shouldn't you either

1. get Aerosoft to sell the up to date version, or

2. set auto update to default in the config file, or

3. pin the solution as a sticky with the error message as title.

You might not get so many "Critical Error:Scheme File Program Settings Corrupt." postings then and it would be much more user friendly

Thanks for your quick help.

Rich Cooke

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please let me answer to your single items:

1. Aerosoft provides the latest sort of major version. The auto-update should bring you to the latest bug fix version afterwards. It can't get any faster and more easy (taken the auto-update works)
  2. It should be already like that and the dev is already trying to find the reason why it's not on all systems like that.
  3. There is no need to pin any of the 7 topics you see immediately when scrolling down below the pinned list, all having this problem directly in their title.

• Developer
vor 12 Stunden , Rich_Cooke sagte:

[...]

1. get Aerosoft to sell the up to date version, or

2. set auto update to default in the config file, or

3. pin the solution as a sticky with the error message as title.

[...]

Hi Rich,

you are right. The new installer will provided beginning this week. There is a currupted file which causes this issue. If its the first time run (after purchasing) the SIMstarter NG Settings.ini is almost empty therefor the autoUpdate does not start. Existing customers are not affected because they have this entry already.

Thank you for purchasing and sorry for the inconvenience!

No Problem Captain Pero!  Its working great now.  I've spent an hour or so getting into SimStarter and it looks brilliant.  I have a lot - and I mean a lot :D - of ORBX scenery and if you run ORBXDirect it loads the lot into the scenery.cfg.  This gives long loading times and puts a lot of unnecessary files into FSX.  I've set up four profiles today - for example ORBX Norway - and loading times are definitely reduced.  Early days but it also seems FSX was under less stress by only loading the scenery I want.  I was doing all this with manual scenery.cfgs before but with your program I've done it with a few mouse clicks and can call it back when I want.  And I've only just started to explore the other options.  Congratulations and thank you for this great software.  Wish I'd discovered it earlier.  

Rich Cooke

Archived