Lack of pinned information

Meese

Has there been an update? I thought I'd check in here to see if there was any news, and there isn't. There is, however, people asking about downloading the new update, and giving thanks for it. What? I've been asking for a pinned status thread on this aircraft due to how you have to browse through induvidual threads to find out the latest news on progress, instead of checking one simple pinned post. Now it seems, updates are released and as a simmarket customer, I'm not even going to be able to find any info on it at all? I'm assubing direct AS-customers recieved some sort of automated mail? Lucky guys. I mean, a moderately bad update would take 10 seconds to write and pin. An informative update would take less than 2 minutes.

If I seem angry, I'm really not. I'm utterly astonished. As of writing this, it seems the first update posts appeared at least 16 hours ago.

As an Aerosoft direct customer, I can assure you we don't get E-Mails about product updates; or at least *I* don't get E-Mails about product updates.

I found out the update was imminent a few days ago simply by browsing the forums.   With that information, I kept my eye on the forums, reddit and a couple of news sites.  Ultimately I found out the update had been released by reading an article about it on fselite. 

If you're really SO concerned about up to the minute updates and you can't be bothered to check the forums, Aerosoft publishes an RSS news feed expressly for this purpose:  https://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/news/?sRss=1

Really though, a post like “update has been released, go here to get it” would be reasonable to expect and would save us a lot of time sleuthing.

I don’t do reddit and don’t have the time or the desire to read all these threads 6 posts down to find out an update has been released. I do read a lot of things in this forum every day though and like the OP, I was surprised this morning (US PST) the update was actually released even though I knew it was coming, and it took awhile reading several threads to determine it was, in fact, released.

Why not at least mention it in the existing thread about the update? “update released”, end of story.

Anyways, fantastic news, and away I go to my account to get it.

3 minutes ago, beachdog2001 said:

Why not at least mention it in the existing thread about the update? “update released”, end of story.

Anyways, fantastic news, and away I go to my account to get it.

So once again, they did mention it.  In their news feed.  

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/news/

If you want push-style notifications, get an RSS reader and plug this URL into it: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/news/?sRss=1

Well that is good to hear the info is out there somewhere at least. However, I don’t follow news feeds, Reddit, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, etc., can’t stand ‘em, just this forum, and in defense of the OP, which is all I am doing here, this forum is where that notice logically should be. No?

Anyways, with this thread, the notice is now in this forum, thanks to the OP.:lol:

Archived