Gibraltar P3D V4 Terrain Issue

CharlieAlphaLima

Hi,

Firstly I would like to congratulate you on finally getting Gibraltar to P3D. I have been extremely satisfied with my purchase so far. However I have noticed a terrain glitch issue that perhaps you aren’t aware of. Hopefully you will be able to fix this for a upcoming patch update. Please see the attached video below showcasing the issue. If you have any more quires please feel free to get in touch.

Kind regards

2017-11-16_17-14-35.mp4

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, I do not see such a problem. Looks like there is another layer interfering with the scenery. So my questions:

1. What version of P3D are you using?

2. What other sceneries do you have installed? (screenshot of the library please)

3. What are your settings in P3D (screenshots please)

4. Did you run the installer as Administrator ?

5. Any tweaks applied (shaders etc.)?

Perhaps you fail to see the flickering ground textures or am i mistaken ?

Secondly i am using P3D V4.1. I aloo ran the installer as Administrator as i do with any scenery i purchase. Finally i use P3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

I would also like to use this time to bring to your attention the extremely poor texture quality of the Rock as seen in the screenshot below. Surely you can improve on this ?

Thanks

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 minutes ago, Aircraft madness said:

Perhaps you fail to see the flickering ground textures or am i mistaken ?

Yes, you are, read the wole seentence. ;)

Regarding your scenery library: All Orbx entries have to be below any other addon.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but then there is something else wrong on your system. You are the only one reporting this and I also do not have this problem (see my video). I have all of Orbx installed, I have FS Global Ultimat mesh installed, but have not applied any tweaks. Do you have any Traffic addon installed? Also you might search your P3D installation for any bgl files with LXGB in its name ouside the folder "...\P3D\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Gibraltar Professional", search string would be *lxgb*.bgl

2017-11-21_17h28_14.mp4

Hi, I am also having this problem. It is not conflicting scenery (i made 100% sure) and it is not sim breaking but it just constantly flickers and it is rather annoying, to say the least. Some of my friends are also having this problem. I don't suppose it could be something to do with PTA (prepar3d tweak assistant) since this is the only scenery that has this problem. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

Cheers,

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

I will jump in here also. Is there any further comment or help from the dev with this issue, as the last post is from more than a week ago, or has this issue been addressed and I am unaware of it? I too have just installed LXGB, have no PTA, no third party mesh, have deleted LXGB from MyTraffic X and am seeing some texture flickering of the ground surrounding the aircraft at the stands. It looks like some kind of texture bleeding through and flickering as I pan the view around the aircraft.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I will ask the project manager as I do not have any new information on that. As said, near vertical surfaces are a serious weak spot in the sim. We faced the same issues in Lukla and were never able to solve it.

Thanks Mathijs. While I agree what has been said about the Rock, my particular issue is flickering parking stands while.

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I have been informed things will be looked at. But again, it is not at all sure the mesh issues are fixable.

Forgive me Mathjis, I am perplexed. I never encountered an issue in FSX. Is the problem pertinent specifically to P3D V4? When you say the mesh issue may not be fixable, I'm confused. Surely there should be no known issues with a product that is released to the public.

regarding the flickering issue:

I use the Documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder to install Aerosoft airports. The installer put the file "AFX_LXGB_ALT.bgl" into an Addon folder/scenery but this folder of course wasn't recognized by P3D. I had to put the file into P3D/scenery/world/scenery and the flickering issue was gone for me. So please make sure this file is located where it should be. I am aware that you installed the Airport into the root folder, but just check that it's there...

Cheers

Marc

4 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

regarding the flickering issue:

I use the Documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder to install Aerosoft airports. The installer put the file "AFX_LXGB_ALT.bgl" into an Addon folder/scenery but this folder of course wasn't recognized by P3D. I had to put the file into P3D/scenery/world/scenery and the flickering issue was gone for me. So please make sure this file is located where it should be. I am aware that you installed the Airport into the root folder, but just check that it's there...

Cheers

Marc

Sorry, I am at a loss. I have installed the scenery following the correct installation sequence. Are you saying this is wrong?

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, rocky said:

Sorry, I am at a loss. I have installed the scenery following the correct installation sequence. Are you saying this is wrong?

No, he made an error while choosing an individual install methode and just wanted to let know others.

• Developer

Could someone with ground flickering problems confirm that the AFX-LXGB_ALT.bgl file is correctly installed into P3D/scenery/world/scenery ?
This file is absolutely important as the default airport height is not correct and to lower the default airport this file has to be installed into P3D/scenery/world/scenery and NOT somewhere else. XML installation for such files is not possible.

Technical background: To change the default height of an airport given in the default Afcad files a custom Afcad file containing the new height information only has to be placed at P3D/scenery/world/scenery because this is the FIRST directory checked while initially loading the sim.
Height informations found here will override any others, like the defaults. Same for FSX.

Thorsten

6 hours ago, Autopiloth said:

Could someone with ground flickering problems confirm that the AFX-LXGB_ALT.bgl file is correctly installed into P3D/scenery/world/scenery ?
This file is absolutely important as the default airport height is not correct and to lower the default airport this file has to be installed into P3D/scenery/world/scenery and NOT somewhere else. XML installation for such files is not possible.

Technical background: To change the default height of an airport given in the default Afcad files a custom Afcad file containing the new height information only has to be placed at P3D/scenery/world/scenery because this is the FIRST directory checked while initially loading the sim.
Height informations found here will override any others, like the defaults. Same for FSX.

Thorsten

Hi Thorsten, I can confirm I have flickering ground textures around the stands and have the AFX-LXGB_ALT.bgl file installed into P3D/scenery/world/scenery folder.

• Developer

Thorsten got today a test file from me, which he will provide via his Supportpage the next days. Looks like, that some hardware/driver conditions handle the ground Separation different. We and the most users don't see the issue, some does. But we got the feedback, that the new file has fixed it also for a user who had the issue.

3 hours ago, OPabst said:

Thorsten got today a test file from me, which he will provide via his Supportpage the next days. Looks like, that some hardware/driver conditions handle the ground Separation different. We and the most users don't see the issue, some does. But we got the feedback, that the new file has fixed it also for a user who had the issue.

That is great news. It would be a shame not to have a fix, as it is such a great airport otherwise. Will it be released as an official update, or as an individual download file? Thanks.

• Developer

As Thorsten has no access at the moment, hier the file for a first test:

In the Scenery Folder of Gibraltar rename the file LXGB_OBJ-GROUND.BGL to LXGB_OBJ-GROUND.ORG

then unpack the file in the zip to the folder and check if the ficker is gone.

Please give a short feedback.

File removed, is now included in version 1.10

13 minutes ago, OPabst said:

As Thorsten has no access at the moment, hier the file for a first test:

In the Scenery Folder of Gibraltar rename the file LXGB_OBJ-GROUND.BGL to LXGB_OBJ-GROUND.ORG

then unpack the file in the zip to the folder and check if the ficker is gone.

Please give a short feedback.

LXGB GROUND Test.zip

Brilliant Oliver. I'll check this out and let you know the result. Cheers.

Archived