P3Dv4 Dynamic Lighting problem with Sceney

colz99

43 minutes ago, Jonathan93102 said:

Hi Mathijs,

Many thanks for your response. I get confused quite easily, it takes me a lot of researching to get things set up correctly. Are you saying it could be a problem with my setup or a known V4 issue? I've read on various forums other people are experiencing problems certain sceneries in V4. Is there anything you can suggest? 

Thanks for replying and on a Sunday too, now that is service! Thanks, Jonathan.

Hello again, 

Just to update - I appear to have fixed it (I've impressed myself hah). I uninstalled V4 Client and re-installed it and now I have all my lights back on. Must have been a faulty Shader.

Thanks again,

Jonathan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, I did one flight fromm T2G EDDM to AS EDDF Prof with P3Dv4.3. In EDDF I had dynamic lights:

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• 5 months later...

I know this topic is old, but this happens still on some airports.

Last flights I recognized it on

• LIRN
  • EDDF
  • EDDK
  • ENBR
  • ENVA

and some other from other devs. :(

After reloading the Scenery, everything is fine again.

I had this in 4.3 and I hoped that this is solved in the 4.4 version (with a frehsly installed computer and sim), but its still there :(

(I am using P3D Version 4.4.16.27077)

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 1/10/2019 at 7:42 PM, flyingpilot1740 said:

I know this topic is old, but this happens still on some airports.

Last flights I recognized it on

• LIRN
  • EDDF
  • EDDK
  • ENBR
  • ENVA

and some other from other devs. :(

After reloading the Scenery, everything is fine again.

I had this in 4.3 and I hoped that this is solved in the 4.4 version (with a frehsly installed computer and sim), but its still there :(

(I am using P3D Version 4.4.16.27077)

Hi, EDDF should work. I haven’t tested the other. But most time it is a missing controller for the effect.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/no-dynamic-lighting-at-arrival.441769/

On 13.1.2019 at 23:07, masterhawk sagte:

For me EDDF and EDDK are working fine.

I have currently no idea what could cause the problem for you.

I have reinstalled both scenerys and did some test flights.

EDDK has worked yesterday without issues.

EDDF I just landed there and Dynamic lightning is not working. After reloading the Scenery, working again 🤒

• 3 weeks later...

I too do not have dynamic lighting at EDDK in P3Dv4.4, no shader mods no PTA.  I can load a default aircraft at EDDK on active runway and there is no runway lighting, no taxi sign lit, no lights at all.

I ran configuration tool and reselected dynamic lighting and tried in a new session and still no lights.  This is the first time I've had a product that was completely dark at night... should be easy to fix but I am stumped. I have version 1.0.4.5 of Cologne-Bonn Professional.

UPDATE:  Figured it out... it was self inflicted.  The problem was not missing lights but rather missing scenery.  I have all Aerosoft products loaded in one self discovery add-on.xml (same for all FSDT in one add-on.xml, all Flightbeam same ect.) and when I ran the Aerosoft Updater apparently it reinserts and entry into the program data add-on.cfg file.  Since there are at least three ways to add scenery I elect to use only one method for all products so P3D had double entry for EDDK.  As soon as I removed the unwanted add-on.cfg entry all returned to normal and of course lighting is working.  Next time this happens I'll find it much quicker LOL.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for sharing, Don. A somewhat unusual approach but there's sure to be others using it, so your explanation is most helpful.

Nice to see you here in addition to your help in the PMDG NGX forum.

• 10 months later...

Nope it didn't.

With FRA, BCN, STR, LHR (and maybe even more) you can go  to : F:\Programme (x86)\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional\effects  and then AL_OP-ApronLight1-EDDF.fx

[Library Effect]
Lifetime=5 
Version=1.00 
Radius=-1
Display Name=AL_OP-ApronLight1-EDDF-ctrl
Priority=0

[controller.0]
lifetime=0.0, 0.0 
type=3 
distance=4000.00, 4000.00
delay=80000.00, 80000.00

x offset=0.00, 0.00  
y offset=0.00, 0.00  
z offset=0.00, 0.00
effect.0=AL_OP-ApronLight1-EDDF-E, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Change the distance and delay and everything works nicely.

But with Tegel I did the same thing with the AL_OP-ApronLight-EDDT.fx and Aerosoft_EDDT_LightsA.fx.

Sadly tho that doesn't work.

• 1 year later...

After MANY hours of searching for similar problems that I had with my sceneries (even with controller files), I have found a solution that works well in most cases.

The controller files should include:

[Library Effect]
Lifetime=5
Version=1.00
Radius=200

Priority=0

[controller.0]
lifetime=0.0, 0.0
type=3
distance=4000.00, 4000.00
delay=80000.00, 80000.00

The effect file that the controller is poiting to, should be in Version=2.00.

In addition, it is suggested to have separate bgl file for the dynamic lights, included in airport scenery folder.

Hope this helps.

Archived