P3Dv4 Dynamic Lighting problem with Sceney

colz99

Hello,

I‘m having the strange issue that dynamic lighting is suddenly „turned off“ (without being turned off of course), when arriving at a destination. I just flew from Aerosoft Frankfurt to Aerosoft Tegel and back, and both times when i departed from the airport dynamic lighting was working fien but upon arriving there are no dynamic lighting effects. I restarted the sim at Tegel to get them kind of working again. Is this a v4 bug or does it have something to do with the Aerosoft scenery?

Or does it maybe have something to do with PTA, which I use to tweak the shadows and have a nicer sim. 

Hopefully someone knows something :)

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, colz99 said:

Or does it maybe have something to do with PTA, which I use to tweak the shadows and have a nicer sim. 

As you have learned in your other topic that shader tweaking can cause problems, simply do the same flight without PTA and report back  whether the problem still exists.

vor 7 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

As you have learned in your other topic that shader tweaking can cause problems, simply do the same flight without PTA and report back  whether the problem still exists.

I will do that, didn't have the time to do so, yet. But I thought that maybe someone else had this problem and knew the solution^^

Ok I can now confirm that this problem still exists with PTA disabled. I flew from Aerosoft Frankfurt to Tegel, same issue, at Frankfurt the Floodlights do actually cast lighting, now at Tegel the flood lights don't cast anything.. Has anyone got an idea on what this could be/if this got to do with the scenery or with my system?

EDIT: I just found this very interesting on the homepage of Taxi2Gate:

"Dynamic Lights fix (When arrive from another airport the dynamic lights are off):

Install:   Go to your:  Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Effects\

And copy and replace the files contained into the zip file."

• Developer

Can you please check, if there is a File name AL_OP-ApronLights-EDDT-E.fx in the P3D V4 Effects subfolder, or only is there a AL_OP-ApronLights-EDDT.fx?

vor 9 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

Can you please check, if there is a File name AL_OP-ApronLights-EDDT-E.fx in the P3D V4 Effects subfolder, or only is there a AL_OP-ApronLights-EDDT.fx?

I only have AL_OP-ApronLight-EDDT.fx . For EDDF and EDDS there are also the ones with -E. But I'm having the issue with DL Floodlights being switched off also at EDDF.And there we have with and without -E ...

Ok thanks, but the problem is also occuring at EDDF and EDDS. I hope that you did not misunderstood me, but the apron dynamic floodlights are working fine, but when I take off and fly to another airport, EDDF for example, then the lights there aren‘t working anymore and don‘t cast any dynamic lighting... So I‘d assume that the flight sim does not load them up anymore once I‘m arriving somewhere. And the hotfix that taxi2gate published seems to be exactly about the problem I have. If you wish I can also describe you the problem in German if needed. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi @Mathijs Kok and @OPabst,

this error with DL going off, when arriving from another airport, seems to be a design problem also for other developers. Hi was noticed about updates for exactly that problem by Taxi2Gate and Justsim.

Or maybe a new bug in P3Dv4.1.

T2G:

Dynamic Lights fix (When arrive from another airport the dynamic lights are off):

Justsim:

This is a fix for dynamic lights for ALL of our products for P3Dv4 - this patch solves the problem with the disappearance of dynamic lighting effects, when the pilot makes a landing at any of our airports.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 18.11.2017 at 9:56 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

That would indicate they change a default effects file.... very bad practise. 

Not necessarily, T2G stores their own effects also in this folder.

You can check their updates here:

http://taxi2gate.org/?page_id=334

• Developer
26 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Hi @Mathijs Kok and @OPabst,

this error with DL going off, when arriving from another airport, seems to be a design problem also for other developers. Hi was noticed about updates for exactly that problem by Taxi2Gate and Justsim.

Or maybe a new bug in P3Dv4.1.

That is an old issue since FS9, that effects needs a distance controller, otherwise they not load, when the scenery comes active not direct via Scenario load or via Goto Menu.

In case of EDDT just the wrong files find the way in the installer, all other Professional Airports have the controlles included.

vor 14 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

That is an old issue since FS9, that effects needs a distance controller, otherwise they not load, when the scenery comes active not direct via Scenario load or via Goto Menu.

In case of EDDT just the wrong files find the way in the installer, all other Professional Airports have the controlles included.

What you wrote would indicate to me that it should work with EDDF for example, which it does not. Just to not misunderstand, but how can something dynamic lighting related be a problem since FS9?

Cheers

That thread starter was me. And seems we are nearing the problem :-) Some Devs are into it now, like it seems here too. Thanks for noticing and getting down to it. 

Btw, its an overall issue not only AS sceneries. Its all that uses a certain method of implementing and maybe some other combination of the Sim addons, sice some ppl have it, others not.

Also, If you try for example FSDreamteam KCLT you find the lights work. They use another method of injecting the lights by distance and these method also works. I also saw that for example the rotating bacon on Samos & Skiathos work. So i contacted the Dev and lets see what theres more. Maybe we can find a solution to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to report that this issue is still existing, didn't matter if I included that one EDDT file as it is also occuring at EDDF and EDDS as well. But it seems to be noticed now by some developers, and fixes are coming out.

Your move, Aerosoft :lol:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I've been having an issue with missing runway lights at the following airports: LSZH, EDDF, EDDS, EDDT, LEPA & LEMG  I've tried problem solving the issue with various other add-ons I use such as PTA as I wondered if that could be the cause. I also believe now it could be a dynamic lighting issue. I've read through this thread and my problem seems to be similar to what's being described above. Do you think it's likely we will see a fix with the upcoming Prepar3D V4 update or is there any current work around to get the runway lights and Dynamic Lighting working? 

Many thanks,

Jonathan.

12 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Are you using the professional versions of these airports, or the previous versions? 

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply, I am using Professional for all of them.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

In that case no standard shaders could very well be a possible cause.

Hi Mathijs,

Many thanks for your response. I get confused quite easily, it takes me a lot of researching to get things set up correctly. Are you saying it could be a problem with my setup or a known V4 issue? I've read on various forums other people are experiencing problems certain sceneries in V4. Is there anything you can suggest? 

Thanks for replying and on a Sunday too, now that is service! Thanks, Jonathan.

Archived