Gibraltar Pro - system Requirements?

Egbert Drenth

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, mlinecker said:

I would like to know if there is AES required for the animated traffic crossing the runway, the cable cars etc.

Please do not hijack someone else's topic but open your own one. Thank you.

• Developer
26 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Hi,

As listed on the product page:
System requirements
Memory: 16 GB DDR4 RAM (2666 MHz)
Graphics card: 8 GB VRAM with DirectX 11

Is this correct?
Min 8GB VRAM limits the usage to 1080 Ti's if I'm correct....

8GB VRam is the recommanded Memory for P3D V4 by Lockheed Martin to use the full features. Less memory will work too, but maybe not with full settings.Maybe 2GB are a littlebit limited.

• Developer
12 minutes ago, mlinecker said:

I would like to know if there is AES required for the animated traffic crossing the runway, the cable cars etc.

There is no technical way at the moment to realise this in P3D V4, so the Traffic will not cross the runway, only use the streets around the Airport.

2 hours ago, OPabst said:

8GB VRam is the recommanded Memory for P3D V4 by Lockheed Martin to use the full features. .

Roger that, thanks for clarifying.
Maybe on the product page the 'system requirement' should be changed in 'system recommendation'.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why? If even the manufacturer of the simulator names it "requirement"?

This naming has a legal part: of course you are able to use a product with less than specified in the "requirements", but then you can't hold the manufacturer responsible for any kind of problems you might run into.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And as nobody uses P3Dv4 without any addon, but in fact with many demanding addons, it is only legitimate to post the "recommended" requirements as general system requirements.

I remember in the past complaining a lot of people for posting only the "minimum" requirements.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2017 at 4:25 PM, Tom A320 said:

Why? If even the manufacturer of the simulator names it "requirement"?

This naming has a legal part: of course you are able to use a product with less than specified in the "requirements", but then you can't hold the manufacturer responsible for any kind of problems you might run into.

Why?

Because LM also calls it 'Recommended'
Maybe click on the link you provided yourself....
As far as I know (but English is not my native tonque) a requirement is something else then a recommendation.

Archived