Berlin-Tegel Professional performance

WebMaximus

Recently got Berlin-Tegel Professional and was a bit surprised a brand new airport scenery in the new Pro line of products for P3Dv4 performed rather poorly on my system compared to other similar or even larger/more complex airports. I noticed how my FPS dropped by some 10-15 FPS compared to these other airports.

Anyone else noticed the same thing at Berlin-Tegel Pro?

• Deputy Sheriffs

With all of Orbx (Global, openLC and GES) installed in that area on a meanwhile 8 years old system and decent settings i get around 20fps in the Airbus.

True now that you mention it.

The photo scenery looks really good so maybe that's why some performance is sacrificed.

Not a big problem in my case though because I'm still able to maintain 30 FPS in the NGX. Was just a little bit surprised when comparing to other airports such as Frankfurt for example. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 minutes ago, mopperle said:

With all of Orbx (Global, openLC and GES) installed in that area on a meanwhile 8 years old system and decent settings i get around 20fps in the Airbus.

I’m sure you mean GEN :D

In my experience P3D is rather heavy on performance in large cities. As Tegel is situated directly in the city performance is rather low there anayway, regardless of the addon.
If I disable Tegel Professional my performance is rather low there for the start already.

• Aerosoft

If you believe an airport makes the simulator slow always disable it and see what the framerate is in the same location with the default scenery/airport. You will be highly surprised that even big mega airports sometimes  only need 4 or 5 additional frames.

Archived