Sasa

Rotterdam The Hague Airport - Professional

Not much to show yet but an announcement of what we're working on:

Thoroughly updated scenery of "Dutch Airports - Rotterdam" with...

• P3D V4+ compatibility and features, e.g. dynamic lights
  • New apron layout
  • New runway layout
  • New terminal and hangar structures
  • New buildings around airport perimeter
  • Updated aerial imagery
  • New rooftop helipad next to apron
  • More details to follow soon...

On site photos have been taken, works on the scenery have commenced.

171015-EHRD-055.JPG

171010-EHRD-175.JPG

171003-EHRD-201.JPG

171010-EHRD-183.JPG

• Upvote 3

I get to be the first to congratulate you on a much anticipated scenery. Looking forward to the first screenshots as available and happy to wait for a quality product.

Between Aerosoft and Orbx, things are really looking up for Netherland's scenery choices.

Fantastic!

Just a side question, will you also be upgrading Lelystad to P3D v4? You know that a lot has changed in Lelystad since the last scenery and even more is about to change, so the old scenery is not only not P3D v4 compatible but also very outdated. And might there be a chance for Eindhoven, the second-busiest airport in the Netherlands after Amsterdam and fastest growing airport in the country, to get a scenery? Eindhoven handles more passengers than Rotterdam, just yesterday they welcomed their 5 millionth passenger this year. I know Eindhoven will be tough because it's also a military airport, but not impossible and the demand is there for sure.

After this side question, back to Rotterdam!

13 hours ago, PatrickZ said:

Just a side question, will you also be upgrading Lelystad to P3D v4?

Nothing for Lelystad planned in the same scale as for Rotterdam. Just a minor update for Lelystad is planned currently. As far as I can say they only build like additional 5 smallish hangars/office buildings since the scenery was released.

And for the low cost terminal it will be too early to do it in 3D. Is there anything in between those plans I'm missing (and or not seeing through online sources)?

Bests,

Sascha

7 hours ago, Sasa said:

Nothing for Lelystad planned in the same scale as for Rotterdam. Just a minor update for Lelystad is planned currently. As far as I can say they only build like additional 5 smallish hangars/office buildings since the scenery was released.

And for the low cost terminal it will be too early to do it in 3D. Is there anything in between those plans I'm missing (and or not seeing through online sources)?

Bests,

Sascha

Not the terminal yet, but they are working on the runway extension. They want to open it 2019.

https://www.uitbreidinglelystadairport.nl/projecten/terminal

Will you also update the signage of the flat near the runway? It had the Mercedes logo on top, but now has been replaced with 'P Online betaalplatform'

ehrd.png

OBP_dakreclame.jpg

7 hours ago, Sasa said:

Bests,

Sascha

They added KLC Fokker 100 PH-OFA 

56 minutes ago, Tobias94 said:

Not the terminal yet, but they are working on the runway extension. They want to open it 2019.

https://www.uitbreidinglelystadairport.nl/projecten/terminal

Just this saturday (11 november) there'll be in information market in the Aviodrome about it. Google translate about it:

The work on Dutch latest airport is in full swing. In April 2019, the first passenger flights depart from a renewed and extensive Lelystad Airport. After the first busy day of information in the autumn of 2016, the province of Flevoland, the municipality of Lelystad and Lelystad Airport will again organize an information market on Saturday 11 November. You are welcome that day from 10:00 to 16:00 in the Aviodrome.

The information market presents a large number of parties involved in the expansion of Lelystad Airport. This is done on the basis of themes. The "Accessibility" theme provides information about airport access, parking and public transport. 'At' Work and Learning 'you will find presentations of, among others, Lelystad Airport Business Park and Viggo Aviation Service Provider. The ROCs of Flevoland and Amsterdam and MBO College, united at the Amsterdam-Lelystad Airport (SCALA) Cooperation College, present their training offer. Theme 'Surrounding' offers a stage including the initiative of 'The Lelystadse Boer', Boerkok and the sustainability measures around the development of Lelystad Airport. 'Building' is a theme where you will get information about all the work that should be done by April 2019: the runway, the traffic lights, the terminal, the traffic tower etc.

Due to the many discussions in the media and in the Lower House on the route routes and avenues and its connection to the higher air layers, "Flight routes" is a separate theme, and the ministry of I & M, Air Traffic Management Netherlands (LVNL) and NLR take a special deal with maps and sound simulations.

Bus route and board game

During the information market there is an opportunity to drive by bus over the extended runway runway, along the underground passenger terminal and over the then Anthony Fokkerweg. You get a chance to run a runway or take a photo.

Especially for the Infomarkt, a board game has been developed that will guide you to all places of the new airport, on your way to your holiday destination! This board game has also been printed in the last week, home-by-door in Flevoland, spreading Airportkrant. On the Infomarkt you can play the game in live life. For the winners there is a nice price.

Bob the Builder

Special guest at the Infomarkt is Bob de Bouwer. This child figure also understands the construction of airports and likes to take pictures with children.

Free entrance

Access to the Infomarkt in the Aviodrome is free of charge on display of the advertisement printed at the airport-by-door in Flevoland. Copies of this advertisement in the form of flyers can also be collected at the city hall Lelystad, Provincial House Flevoland and the terminal of Lelystad Airport until November 11th. Click here and print your entrance ticket.

In other words, the extended runway is already in place and the terminal is under construction.

infomarkt_670x420_adaptiveResize.jpglelystad_overview_c_lelystad_1280.jpg?it

Since I live only 20 minutes or so from the airport I might occasionally be able to go there and take some pictures. I don't have airside access, but landside should be no problem.

11 hours ago, Sasa said:

Bests,

Sascha

The runway extension will enter it's final phase about now. Expected to finsh the end of this year. During all phases of construction is has been open for use, most likely next year to the full extension. No matter how soon the construction of the (low cost? not really!) termoinal will start, the new layout of the airfield already exists. It would be a real disappointment if only minor details were updated.

Jelle

Jelle, keep in mind they really need photos of the actual finished exterior of the building for a 3D object. Artist's or architect's concept art is probably not good enough.

Hiya,

15 hours ago, Sasa said:

Is there anything in between those plans I'm missing (and or not seeing through online sources)?

If you want to upgrade Lelystad to the state before the major reworks, please note this old topic:

This state can be found here:

http://www.ais-netherlands.nl/aim/2017-10-26-AIRAC/eAIP/html/graphics/eAIP/EH-AD-2.EHLE-ADC.pdf

Sasa will send you link with lots of info on the 2 latest building and hangar which "must" be included. (Qaps repaint-buidling and PBY/DDA hanger).

Regards,

Marcel

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Jelle, keep in mind they really need photos of the actual finished exterior of the building for a 3D object. Artist's or architect's concept art is probably not good enough.

Herman,

My point was: leave the new terminal out of the update. Maybe only prepare for a later update. The details about the new runway and taxiways are available, as all plans have been publushed and the works are almost completed and if this extension is left out of the upgrade, it a missed opportunity and probably not worth spending your money on.

Jelle

I don't see why an update for Lelystad would be relevant at this moment. I fly out of Lelystad on a regular basis for my hour building and it is different almost every time I come there. Yes the runway is almost done now and yes the taxiways on the northern side of the airport are finished, but they aren't fully in use. They only opened a part of it, because they "moved" the runway more to the west, so they could widen and increase the length of the runway on the other side. But when the runway extension is complete, the GA aircraft that usually use EHLE won't need that long of a runway. So they won't use the extension or the new taxiways. So I don't really get why everyone wants an "update". Because for traffic that is using EHLE at this moment, the real life upgrades are not at all interesting. And flying the NGX or the A320 to an airport without a terminal isn't really what simmers prefer right? It realy is a shame that EHLE is changing so much...

So if Aerosoft decides to update EHLE, I'd say it's better to wait when work is done. To do it know would be a waste of resources, because things change every week. And we all know this community can be: constantly asking for updates because the font of a sign has changed or the paint on a hangar door should be one shade darker. So come on guys, let's focus on EHRD here and let's discuss the update of EHLE update when they are (almost) finished with it's real life counterpart.

4 hours ago, JelleF said:

Herman,

My point was: leave the new terminal out of the update. Maybe only prepare for a later update. The details about the new runway and taxiways are available, as all plans have been publushed and the works are almost completed and if this extension is left out of the upgrade, it a missed opportunity and probably not worth spending your money on.

Jelle

I see better now what you meant. That's my "vote" too.

25 minutes ago, Roelio said:

I don't see why an update for Lelystad would be relevant at this moment. I fly out of Lelystad on a regular basis for my hour building and it is different almost every time I come there. Yes the runway is almost done now and yes the taxiways on the northern side of the airport are finished, but they aren't fully in use. They only opened a part of it, because they "moved" the runway more to the west, so they could widen and increase the length of the runway on the other side. But when the runway extension is complete, the GA aircraft that usually use EHLE won't need that long of a runway. So they won't use the extension or the new taxiways. So I don't really get why everyone wants an "update". Because for traffic that is using EHLE at this moment, the real life upgrades are not at all interesting. And flying the NGX or the A320 to an airport without a terminal isn't really what simmers prefer right? It realy is a shame that EHLE is changing so much...

So if Aerosoft decides to update EHLE, I'd say it's better to wait when work is done. To do it know would be a waste of resources, because things change every week. And we all know this community can be: constantly asking for updates because the font of a sign has changed or the paint on a hangar door should be one shade darker. So come on guys, let's focus on EHRD here and let's discuss the update of EHLE update when they are (almost) finished with it's real life counterpart.

Well said on any "update."

If a 'big' update of EHLE is not an option, I'd rather prefer a 'small' update (not the 'professional' type) to make it the existing version availble for P3Dv4 at no additional costs. That also applies for EHBK. With the new 'professional' EHRD we then have all the Dutch Airpports complete again in P3D. I'd be happy to spent a reasonable upgrade fee for EHRD Professional.

4 hours ago, JelleF said:

With the new 'professional' EHRD we then have all the Dutch Airpports complete again in P3D.

You mean all the Dutch airports that have been done by Aerosoft. There still are a few missing ones that Aerosoft never did, like Eindhoven and Groningen. Specially Eindhoven is an airport for which there is quite some demand.

Why? I'm baffled to see Rotterdam is now being developed before Dublin! I can't understand your logic in this decision as Limesim is developer. Surely Dublin would be a better seller internationally...no?  

1 minute ago, knt280 said:

Why? I'm baffled to see Rotterdam is now being developed before Dublin! I can't understand your logic in this decision as Limesim is developer. Surely Dublin would be a better seller internationally...no?  

In the flight sim community this would likely be the case, but keep in mind we also do professional projects for airlines, flightschools, universities, etc.
If there is professional demand for a project we would be silly not to release it for the flight simulation market afterwards, wouldn't we?

There are many reasons why a project may make more sense than another one, which may not be obvious at the first look.

Emanuel, I understand that some Projects do take priority on a commercial basis but for the life of me I can't understand why Dublin has not been upgraded, I believe it was a great seller for you. Seeing in the forums that some has it working albeit no ground textures! I wouldn't have thought it to be a big project but hay I not a programmer ;)

Hopefully a decision will be made soon :wub:

Will this new version of Rotterdam The Haque Airport also solve the problem with aircraft casting shadows on the ground? 

I just bought Aerosoft Dutch Airports - Rotterdam X and I had to switch this option off in order to get all AI aircraft visible on the platform during daylight hours.

I find this disappointing since it does strongly affect the sense of realism. 

I hope this will be fixed in the new release

12 hours ago, knt280 said:

Emanuel, I understand that some Projects do take priority on a commercial basis but for the life of me I can't understand why Dublin has not been upgraded, I believe it was a great seller for you. Seeing in the forums that some has it working albeit no ground textures! I wouldn't have thought it to be a big project but hay I not a programmer ;)

Hopefully a decision will be made soon :wub:

Dublin and Rotterdam sell about the same. But keep in mind there are many reasons why we do one project before another and a lot of those reasons we simply are unable to discuss publicly.