Overhead panel problems - solved

CRJman

So I was having the most difficult time with this release, which contains all of the updates thus far.  At the gate, in "cold and dark" or "turnaround mode", I could not get the engines to start, manually...nor get pack switches to operate correctly.  Even the fuel boost switches were misbehaving (i.e. could not switch them from one mode to another).  I have read all the forum entries on this topic...I know about the suggestion to go from "ready to taxi" back to "cold and dark", etc. just to get the engines to manually start.   This did not work.   So I tried an experiment.  For me, what enabled me to get proper function out of the overhead panel was this:  From Free Flight, load the CRJ *directly*, do NOT load the default C172 and switch to the CRJ.  Miraculously, everything on the overhead panel started working as it should.  I could start engines, manage packs, etc. per the suggested start flow.  None of the overhead switches were stuck in an unresponsive state.   For some of us, there seems to be issues with initial panel state when you first load up.   For every other add-on aircraft I own, from a variety of vendors, it is recommended you first load C172 cold and dark. then load the add-on.  For the Aerosoft CRJ, this was causing all manner of problems.  I dunno what to say, but this is what works for me, and it is repeatable.  I think I fall into that 0.1% of users that have some type of issue that no one is ever going to understand.

This is not that uncommon. Some payware aircraft are so detailed that if you try to switch aircraft from any other aircraft in your fleet to a payware aircraft there is a good chance things will not work correctly.

Like you said the best thing to do is to start a flight with the aircraft selected and you will not have any problems. I have a couple of payware aircraft that have that same problem and none of them are Aerosoft products.B)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Unfortunately this is not a general rule. and even the manual for the CRJ states:

Before loading the CRJ we STRONGLY advise you to load one of the default FSX aircraft with the engine running. This will avoid a load of problems.

And the devs still stand to this. I also had no problems with this procedure.

At least in case of FSX there is one thing you should watch: there is a switch in the fsx.cfg (DisablePreload=1) which does the following: your FSX starts as usual with the free flight menu and the default flight, but various settings/parameters are not loaded in the background. So this might also cause troubles.

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, Gary Buska said:

This is not that uncommon. Some payware aircraft are so detailed that if you try to switch aircraft from any other aircraft in your fleet to a payware aircraft there is a good chance things will not work correctly.

Like you said the best thing to do is to start a flight with the aircraft selected and you will not have any problems. I have a couple of payware aircraft that have that same problem and none of them are Aerosoft products.B)

Still, it is something devs should be able to sort out because it just means some variable are not reset when the aircraft is loaded.

On 11/14/2017 at 12:26 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Still, it is something devs should be able to sort out because it just means some variable are not reset when the aircraft is loaded.

That is true a good example of what I am talking about is I downloaded the READYFORPUSHBACK B747-200 when it was made available as freeware. with this aircraft control+e Will not start the engines and if you load up another aircraft with the engines running and then select the B747-200 it will come up with the engines running sometimes but a lot of the other systems will not work such as the hydraulics and the individual generators and 90 % of the time the plane will crash as vital systems are not running and you are not able to start them as you have to do things in the correct order just like the CRJ.

You can not start the engines without first supplying ground power then there are a few other switches you have to turn on before you can start the APU

Just like you would have to do in the real thing

That is one of the reasons I bought the CRJ it is the same way you have to do things in a certain order just as you would do in the real thing.

Archived