Aircraft goes crazy during a task switch..

FunnyTheme

Hi,

I have FSX: SE with the Aerosoft Airbus Twin Pack.

I have this problem where every time I go off of FSX for a minimum of about 2 seconds the plane starts going crazy, and when I say crazy I mean movements; the whole plane is shaking viciously, the speed is flicking +/- 10 knots and the altitude is flicking +/- 500ft!

Very annoying when I want to look at other things while flying (e.g social media, youtube) the only way I can is by pausing my flight and unpausing when I get back, even then when I unpause a slight shudder happens (definitely not as bad as when I don't pause).

Really hope this is just a bug!

Regards,

- Will

• Deputy Sheriffs

How many FPS do you have in your sim? The bus needs at least some stable 18 FPS. If you drop below the mentioned 18 FPS things like the ones you experience can happen.

Switching between tasks in Windows always have an impact on the sim and therefore on the FPS.

What is the hardware spec of your computer?

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

How many FPS do you have in your sim?

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

What is the hardware spec of your computer?

FSX never really is laggy for me, but yesterday when I did a flight from Miami Intl to (i think it was) San Jose airport in Havana; Everything was smooth up until descent, I don't know if the weather affected it or what but my FSX has never been that laggy since I had it.. To try and combat the lag I turned my graphics settings down (which are normally on ultra-high) and some traffic settings (which are also on ultra high - everything would run smoothly even with the best settings), this did make the lagging slightly better, but it was still in the 5-8fps zone.

My computer specs are the following:

AMD A8-7650K Processor

Radeon R7 Graphics Card

10 Compute Cores

4C+6G

4.19GHz

I have 8GB of ram, but available is 6.96GB.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I still don't know what your FPS are.

As I said, if you push FSX into the background this of course has an impact on the CPU cycles it gets from the operating system. This will cause a drop of FPS. And if this drop gets you below the 18 FPS marker the autopilot can run out of sync which is what you are experiencing.

Please try to monitor your FPS during your task switches.

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, FunnyTheme said:

...haha

With less sarcasm and a little bit more creativity for example.

One possibility would be (for testing purpose) to run FSX in window mode, as your other application as well and place both windows next to each other. So when switching from FSX to your other application you would still be able to see the FPS value being displayed in the FSX window.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And by the way...

On 05/11/2017 at 10:06 AM, Tom A320 said:

How many FPS do you have in your sim?

On 05/11/2017 at 12:53 PM, Tom A320 said:

I still don't know what your FPS are.

Archived