Which airbus for which flightsim?

I've been away from flightsim for a couple of years and want to get back to it but am now confused. I have clean-installed Windows 10 on my i5/8GB PC and will have to re-install all FS software. I have AS Airbus X Extended and AS Airbus 318/319. Is it worth it to install FSX again or is Predar3D a better option? Is FSX steam any different to the FSX original (CD) version? If P3D then which version? I read about compatibility issues with AS Airbuses and failure to load or run properly etc. My FSX on Windows7 wasn't the most stable anyway.

I'm only interested in the AS A320 series (and A330 when released), and a few add-on sceneries (AS Amsterdam, FlyTampa Vienna, etc) so would be happy with whichever flightsim runs them best. Is it true the AirbusX is no longer supported, if so do I need to purchase the A320/321 for a current product or can the AirbusX A320/321's be upgraded?

The AS A318/319/320/321 buses are getting a complete overhaul, and they will be compatible with the latest version of P3D (v4). Unfortunately there is no release date. However, I'd still advise you to go for P3Dv4 as opposed to FSX. It's just so much better in every way you can imagine. FSX is old and decrepit. P3D is a futureproof sim.

I'm not sure if AS Amsterdam is compatible with P3Dv4 (I don't think it is) but all FlyTampa scenery is. At the moment, you need to download the old installer, and then you have to apply a hotfix, but FT are currently working on proper v4 installers.

nealmac, thanks. I'm happy to acquire P3Dv4 but just to be sure, will any of my existing AS Airbuses work with it? I'd be happy with just the A318/9 for now, providing it does actually work. The rest can catch up later.

As BuddyDog says, your existing buses will NOT work with v4. The new version of the buses will be available for a reduced price, as you already own the old version.

Archived