Can't write .pln file to Documents Folder

Hi all, 

I'm having trouble exporting my PFPX (v1.28) Flightplans to my Documents Folder with the C:Drive - I believe this may be a permissions issue, but I think I have set the folder owner set correctly and have also ensured that access is set to 'Full Control' (including 'Write Access') for each user group added just in case.

I always ensure that I right-click on the PFPX icon and 'run as administrator' prior to opening so I'm not sure exactly where I'm going wrong here...?

Any help/guidance would be very much appreciated.

Please login to display this image.

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks Stephen.

I've located the Hotfix as suggested and followed the instructions by unzipping and then placing in the correct directory (see below) - however, when I then attempt to run the PFPX application I am presented with this message (also see below). Any ideas on where I've gone wrong here, or exactly what I need to do to fix this?

Hi Stephen,

It appears that the file 'may' be blocked (see screenshots below) - my security software then removes the .exe file immediately after I attempt to run it. However, even after I tick the 'unblock' box, press apply, and then attempt to 'trust' this file, I'm finding that the same messages still appear.

P.S is this even a safe file to be running anyway if my security software is flagging up such a threat level?

Hi Stephen,

File has now been excluded from Norton (manually trusted) and I have restarted my PC to ensure the change takes effect (see below) - however, having opened the new PFPX.exe (1.28.9i) and again attempted to save my Flightplan to my Documents folder, I still seem to have the same 'can't write to file error' that I started with originally (also see below).

Can you let me know the next steps I should be taking please?

I'd like to keep going until this is all resolved as I'm sure there's something that I'm missing - I think I just need a keener eye and perhaps someone with a greater technical knowledge than myself to spot it for me.

Exactly as I thought, a keener eye was indeed able to spot the issue - thanks very much for all your assistance Stephen, very much appreciated (see screen shot below confirming success)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived