Carenado products in Prepar3D v4

Lotus3xiG3

Hey guys,

I'm planning to get Prepar3D... Therefore, I am now calculating how much it will cost me. However, I bought some Carenado products from your shop some months back (when v4 wasn't available) and am now looking for the upgrade price... Is it true, that you need to buy the complete product again as stated on their website?

PS: Just wanted to check the latest installer about a posible v4 option, but then realized that you need a serial key now?! I can't remeber that Carenado had some before and I really don't have one in my Aerosoft account...

• Deputy Sheriffs
30 minutes ago, Lotus3xiG3 said:

Is it true, that you need to buy the complete product again as stated on their website?

Where has this been stated?

I think it depends on the product. E.g. if you bought the old C208B Grand Caravan from Aerosoft you have to buy the new one, cause only the new C208B Grand Caravan EX HD Series has been made compatible with P3Dv4. So you have to check which version exactly you bought from Aerosoft.

vor 8 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Where has this been stated?

The list on Carenado's homepage (very small in the middle: LIST OF UPDATED AIRCRAFT to P3D V4). I would have given you a link but somehow it is not working properly...

vor 8 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

I think it depends on the product.

Of course, i'm especially refering to the CT206H Stationair, CT182T Skylane and the TBM850.

I can not find that information there. The opposite is the case, with most newer Carenado aircraft you simply need to download the latest version and it will include a v4 installer.

There are of course some exceptions, but most aircraft are compatible.

vor 29 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

I can not find that information there. The opposite is the case, with most newer Carenado aircraft you simply need to download the latest version and it will include a v4 installer.

There are of course some exceptions, but most aircraft are compatible.

Okay, thanks! However I don't have a serial key from my purchases in the past, which is now needed in the newest installer... Do you have any information about that?

You can find all serial keys in your downloadshopaccount. Assuming Carenado sent us the new keys (I believe they did for most products by now) you will find the new keys listed in your order information.

Alright, that does not look right to me on a first glimpse.

Please send us a mail to support@aerosoft.com and my colleagues will sort that out for you.

Archived