Any Good Haneda Scenery?

As I am gradually approaching Yokohama, I am contemplating my flight to finish that goal.

The nearest airport to Yokohama appears to be Haneda.  The question is, is there any decent Haneda scenery.  Wing Creation was promising it several years ago, but nothing has been completed to date, apparently.  A Japanese company had a scenary for about $65 which appeared to be freeware quality.

So is there any good Yokohama scenery.  Or maybe I should just stop at Narita?

If you refer to Technobrain, I wouldn't call it freeware quality 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/518270-japan/?page=3

However, it is very pricey and orderdering is so complicated without a degree in Kanji writing, I will not even try it. Still waiting for Wing Creation, maybe for another couple of years. They are very slow in even adapting their present sceneries to Prepar3d, or even Prepar3d3, if this matters.

Kind regards, Michael

Okay, I realized I'd lost some screenies I took yesterday.  So I just took a "flight" around Haneda and shot some new ones.  If you go to "Rupert's In" and look at today's entry you'll see how that area looks with ORBX Global.  As I said, it's not as quality as if you bought a specific payware package for the area.  But it's not bad.

Hope this helps!

Rupert

OK, I took a risk and bought the Overland/Simmer's Sky Japanese Scenery, Volume 4, for FS 9, which includes Haneda.  Trying to use FS9 scenery in FSX is always a hit and miss proposition.   However, this time it worked!

The numbers on the runways are a little bit dodgy, but other than that, the airport scenery works pretty well.

I have no idea how this would work in P3d.  For this adventure, I chose FSX simply because so many addons and sceneries exist for it.  This has always been FSX's strength.  (Of course the downside is it is finicky and prone to crashing.)

My comments on the Technobrain scenery was based on the screenshots on their web page.  It just did not look all that good.  The Wings Creation was promised years ago, but will not be here in time for this challenge, assuming it ever appears.

I was going to try to use the Addon Converter X from Flightsim tools, if this scenery did not work.  Unfortunately, this tool was causing FSX to crash.  Fortunately, it was not needed, yet.  There are still a few airports to the north as I traverse Japan the long way.

Please login to display this image.

Yes,

That does look very nice!!  I'll try to include an aerial shot here.  This is with ORBX Global

Rupert

I downloaded a freeware Haneda from avsim for FSX. Either my install failed or the bridges over to rwy 5/23 are fatally flawed because you crash as you fall over the edge onto them!

Archived