Connected Flight Deck Problem

FunnyTheme

Hi,

So my friend and I both own Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition, and we both bought the aerosoft airbus twin pack, so the one that includes the A318/19/20/21 aircraft. He bought it just so we could do connected flightdeck as he is alot more of a Boeing person! Anyway,

We watched some youtube videos and the ones we saw pretty much all had the same structure;

1. Download Hamachi and create a Network, the friend joins that network.
  2. In the aerosoft airbus a318/a319 OR the a320/a321 configurator, you paste your friend's IPv4 address in the connected flight deck section.
  3. Load in the game, one is on master [on the right MCDU] and one is on slave,
  4. The master turns his connection on then the slave does and it works.

Now that's how they did it on the youtube videos, however for me and my friend the outcome is different -

It's all okay up until stage 4. We are both connected on Hamachi and can ping eachother with 40-60ms and we both load in with the exact same aircraft and livery, also at the same location.

I switch the mode to Master and turn the connection on, it says NO CONNECTION in white on the right of the screen, then my friend goes on Slave and turns his connection on and the exact same text is there on the right.

Please help ASAP as we really want to be flying together soon!

Thanks in advance,

Will

CFD does not work with the steam version of the Airbus.  I don't know why Steam isn't telling people that CFD isn't working in there version, but I do see they don't list it as a feature in there ad.

The new Aerosoft Airbus is in the works, so I might wait for that one instead of purchasing the older one.  No release date for the new Airbus.

On 28/10/2017 at 10:03 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

CFD does not work with the steam version of the Airbus.  I don't know why Steam isn't telling people that CFD isn't working in there version, but I do see they don't list it as a feature in there ad.

The new Aerosoft Airbus is in the works, so I might wait for that one instead of purchasing the older one.  No release date for the new Airbus.

That's a shame.. maybe in the future Aerosoft will release a much easier method.

Also, my friend wanted to ask the same question but got a reply from you which was completely different, something along the lines of port forwarding? He downvoted your reply and then he got banned? Is there any reason for this?

Thanks for the help anyway.

16 minutes ago, FunnyTheme said:

That's a shame.. maybe in the future Aerosoft will release a much easier method.

Also, my friend wanted to ask the same question but got a reply from you which was completely different, something along the lines of port forwarding? He downvoted your reply and then he got banned? Is there any reason for this?

Thanks for the help anyway.

Aerosoft and Steam are two different companies.  Steam self installs the products they sell, and it's whatever they did to the Aerosoft software that broke Connected Flight Deck.  You need to raise the issue with the place you purchased the software.

Your friend received accurate answers to his questions at the time he asked them.  He was rude from the very first contact with us, and instead of wanting to figure out that the problem actually was he left abrutely, saying that he was was going to pursue a refund.  His decision.  Then someone else posted with the sam issue, which lead us to discovering that the Steam version had issues.  We'd have known that earlier if your friend would have stuck around.

Your friend downvoted a member of the staff for providing accurate answers, and he went on a down vote tirade. He is banned from our site indefinently.

Port forwarding is the method we support for connecting two computers for Connected Flight Deck,  Our documentation sites Hamachi, but we later posted here in this forum to let our customers know that we do not recommend Hamachi. Hamachi can cause the same issues your friend was reporting.

• 1 year later...

Hello there,

Just litterally throwing a bottle in the sea (this post is old, maybe I will have to recreate a topic..)

I have exactly the same problem: I purchased FSX Steam edition and AS 318/320 steam product, and it is impossible to connect via CFD with my borther which hase exactly the same configuration:

NOT CONNECTED

You said that Airbus can not work on this version, HOWEVER

In the main features of the steam product, CFD seems to be functional (As a beta).

Please login to display this image.

Can anyone tell me if there is a REAL impossibility to connect with steam, or not? I contacted the Aerosoft support, but they told me to refer to the documentation, and my problem is neither solved,  and my question nor answered.

Thank you very much!

Antonin

Archived