YouTube videos on the Lightning

TheCameronPerson

Just having a browse of YouTube and found quite a few good documentaries/footage of the Lightning and thought here would be a good place to share them :)

C.

1) Short documentary on the last flight of XR724 into Binbrook in 1992

2) The Last Lightning Show covering the final days of operation at Binbrook as well as showing some interesting development footage. Also shows the last Lightning Diamond Nine

3) Binbrook Lightnings: Interviews with pilots and Bee Beaumont on front line operation of the Lightning

4) A local reporter enjoying a ride in a T5 but not enjoying the accompanying G forces 

5) audio of a Lightning crash (caused by in flight fire, who’d have thought it?!). It also turned out to be the last Lightning lost in RAF service. The pilot shadowing the downed aircraft is Ian Black

6) and here’s an interview with the aforementioned man, Ian Black

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s quite a good one showing the operation of Thunder City and features the late Mike Beachy Head and Dave Stock who was the pilot who lost his life in the 2009 crash. Apart from the narrator deciding that the Buccaneer was a supersonic bomber, all in all its not bad. Makes me wonder what happened to the rest of the Thunder City Lightnings after they were put up for sale early this year. I read on another forum that they’d been bought by Hawker Hunter Aviation based at RAF Scampton who wanted to operate them on a military contract as they do with their Hunters and Buccaneer but I highly doubt that, I’d imagine it being a bit of a money pit for them plus there’s probably more chance of seeing Concorde, TSR2 and a Vulcan make a fly past at Farnborough next year than there is seeing the Lightning fly in UK again.. :wacko:

C.

• 3 weeks later...

Director's upload of a 2006 documentary on Thunder City. Features interviews with Brian Carroll and archive footage of the four Lightnings while with Tony Hulls and while the Lightning was in RAF service. Also covers the restoration of XP693. Apparently a small number of DVDs were produced so this documentary is quite rare..

C.

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:09 PM, TheCameronPerson said:

Just having a browse of YouTube and found quite a few good documentaries/footage of the Lightning and thought here would be a good place to share them :)

Hi Cameron

This is a pretty comprehensive list of online vids......

http://bit.ly/2kW99Jt

D

Archived