Carenado Phenom 300 - FSX crashes

John Kunde

Hello alltogether,
I hope, someone can help me with a good advice.

Recently I bought the Carenado Embraer Phenom 300 from aerosoft.
But when I want to load this plane by starting a FSX-flight, the FSX crashes immediately.
When I start a flight with a default airplane (i.e. Cessna)  I seldom have luck - but only if it is a small airport.  At a bigger airport, for example my favorite EDDS (Stuttgart) I have no chance to get the plane loaded reliable.
I thought this might be a problem with VAS (virtual adress space), but when I succeeded to start the Phenom 300 I can fly half an hour or one hour or so nearly without any problems (the frames are also lower than used with any other airplane).
With all other Airplanes I don't have any problems.
My system: i7 4720HQ 8 GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 2 GB, FSX SP1 & SP2, Windows 8

Thank you very much for every help to find a solution.

Hmmm, I have low settings to get enough framerates and to support FSX to load the sceneries not only in the last moments.

It's curious that I can fly the phenom 300 as long as I want - if started - and even change the livery one or two times.

But I will make a test in the evening when I'm back at home.

Are there any ideas what is best when I first start an default airplane:
- a single mot (Cessna? Trike?) / a double mot  (Baron? KingAir?) / a jet (LearJet?)
- cockpit view / wing view / outside view zoom = 1 / outside view zoom = 2 to suppress loading much scenery?

- maybe to give a little gas so that the turbines are running and then to reduce again to neutral?

Thanks for helping
John

• Aerosoft

Most people would say that the default flight of the sim is the best but I doubt it will make a difference. 
As we have nothing on file on this issue I suggest you take it up with Carenado at https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

vor 6 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

As we have nothing on file on this issue I suggest you take it up with Carenado at https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Zendesk? Is this the same company that aerosoft has adressed for support?

Please login to display this image.

I have written an e-mail with this problem to support@aerosoft.de nearly two weeks ago (Oct. 11th) but did not receive any answer yet – only the automatically receive-answer in the same minute I have sent the e-mail.

Maybe this is a good information for you to check your channels? Or did I made any mistake?

With kind regards

John

• Aerosoft

Zendesk is a service we indeed both use, but it's just software, not support. As we have no idea we still think it is best to contact Carenado for this/

I can't find any ticket from your dated Oct 11, latest one were from September, do you have a ticket- number?

I suppose it is  223 555?

Please login to display this image.

I followed your advice and wrote to carenado the day before yesterday (24th), but didn't receive any answer yet - only the automatical welcome answer for verification. And after I did this verification by clicking the link I've got another automatical request-receive e-mail.

But let us give Carenado a little time :-)

Meanwhile I've got an answer from Carenado :-) - the usual advice:
- run the aircraft's uninstaller (located on the simulator's main root folder)
- download the aircraft again to make sure to have the last version
- run the installer with admin privileges and disable any antivirus software before running the installer
- click on "Yes" and "Run" when the simulator prompts you the first time you load the aircraft.

I will do so and report here again. But first I'll make a fullbackup (Image) and this will need two or three hours. So this will not be today or tomorrow.

Shit happens:

on my external hard disk is not enough free space left to make an image / fullbackup.

I'll see next week how much to invest in a second external hard disk.

What should I save at least before I uninstall the phenom from carenado?

Only fsx.cfg? Because I've installed other things in meantime.

Some configs from windows? Some MS Visual C+++ versions?

No other ideas from anybody else to get my Phenom 300 started?

As I wrote above: what is best when I first start an default airplane:
- a single mot (Cessna? Trike?) / a double mot  (Baron? KingAir?) / a jet (LearJet?)
- cockpit view / wing view / outside view zoom = 1 / outside view zoom = 2 to suppress loading much scenery?

- maybe to give a little gas so that the turbines are running and then to reduce again to neutral?

Nobody else has the Phenom 300? What are your experiences?

Thanks for every help!

Hello Herman,

thanks for your answer, but:

as I have written above, I've already sent an e-mail to carenado. What they answered I've mentioned above.

To be honest: I don't really believe, that a deinstallation and a new installation would solve my problems with the phenom 300  *), but the risk ist very high that this might cause other urgent problems **).

So my hope is that some other users of the Phenom 300 could tell me their experiences.

On the Carenado website / Caranado support / the links Mr. Kok and you sent me, I will not get these experiences.

Nice greetings

John

*) As I got the Phenom 300 from Aerosoft on CD/DVD there is no chance to get a newer version by deinstalling and new installing.

I could do this a hundred times but I will always install the same version. And I don't believe, that Aerosoft gave me recently any other than the newest version.

And if really a newer version came up in the meantime I will have to direct again to aerosoft, I suppose. So why not solve the problem _here_?

**) For example when I've made a deinstallation from Aerosoft's demo-version from Florence / Firenze / Florenz I got massive problems:

FSX refused to start any more. Reason: MS Visual C+++.

And when I will make a deinstallation from Phenom 300 I will get a fsx.cfg "before installing phenom 300". This might reasonably cause problems with every other addons I've installed in the meantime.

• 1 month later...

To make a new installation I have to run the aircraft's uninstaller first.

On 4.11.2017 at 19:05, John Kunde sagte:

What should I save at least before I uninstall the phenom from carenado?

Only fsx.cfg? Because I've installed other things in meantime.

Thanks for every help!

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived