PFPX and PF3 and PMDG777

Hi everyone.

Just bought PFPX, but I have to say that it is absolute rubbish!

The flight plans that it produces are not recognised by FsCommander (so why does it even have a save to function for it?). The PMDG777 does not accept the approach, and only gives an "end of flight plan" about 50nm short of the destination! No approach or runway designation! PF3 has almost the same problem, where it "stops" communicating with me, due to? Yeah! The approaches! PF3 also does not like the "waypoints too close together" on departure, which does cause some issues!

Never had these problems with FsBuild!

Any chance of a refund, because I find PFPX "impossible to use"?

Cheers.

Terry

There are certainly no issues when used with the PMDG's, be more specific than the 777 does not accept the approach.

If PF3 cannot handle the procedure waypoints then surely that is a limitation of that program?

I cannot comment on the FS Commander export as I don't have that product but it may help others advise you if you post the version you have in use.

8 hours ago, Terry2905 said:

Hi everyone.

Just bought PFPX, but I have to say that it is absolute rubbish!

The flight plans that it produces are not recognised by FsCommander (so why does it even have a save to function for it?). The PMDG777 does not accept the approach, and only gives an "end of flight plan" about 50nm short of the destination! No approach or runway designation! PF3 has almost the same problem, where it "stops" communicating with me, due to? Yeah! The approaches! PF3 also does not like the "waypoints too close together" on departure, which does cause some issues!

Never had these problems with FsBuild!

Any chance of a refund, because I find PFPX "impossible to use"?

Cheers.

Terry

You have to actually select the desired approach in the FMC. Click the Dep/Arr button and select your destination, then runway, then star/transition. That will fill in the approach, tune the ILS frequency if applicable, and generate your vref speeds for you. The plane won't take the waypoints on the desired arrival directly from PFPX, you have to manually select it. Same with the SID. Hope this helps.

Archived