CRJ Fuel Pumps

Garyo

From a Cold and Dark aircraft.  After the main battery switch is turned on, I pushed the fuel boost pump switch lights on and noticed that both pumps show normal/on on the overhead panel but show amber on the Fuel Synoptic page.  Shouldn't both pumps show green on the synoptic page?

Thanks,

GAry Vessell

Please login to display this image.

I would say there are several bugs in the fuel system.  Although only the left fuel pump would come on during battery only power and the pump on the synoptic page should turn green.  My question is why are you turning the fuel pumps on when you turn the battery on?  The APU has its own pump which is turned on via the power/fuel switch. The engine pumps only provide fuel to the engines when there is low motive flow fuel pressure. Once the engine driven pump is on it provides fuel pressure to the ejector pumps and the Boost pumps go into standby mode

The boost pumps are turned on for engine start.  I'm trying to confirm that the boost pumps show a normal green before actual engine start.

GaryO

Archived