General question about sky textures

Right now i have 3 options. ENVTEX, REX TD -HD and ASCA, what is the best for P3d, and why?

I seem cant chose which one, but i am looking at ASCA, but also ENVTEX looks rather good too, but again, REX TD - HD id a little better then the other two, but again, what is the best?

Personally I use a mix of all three.

Envtex for the skies, REX for clouds, water, etc. and ASCA for the cloud models.

If I'd have to pick just one of the three I'd say go for REX. It offers the best balance between everything.

i know, but is it enough? I mean, is REX enough to make my p3d v4.x with PTA better looking then the other two? If so, i might go for REX, but i already have REX Soft Clouds installed, but there is something missing, like better water textures and so on, but ENVTEX offers the Northern light, Rex does not, but that is not enough to buy ENVTEX, so i will think this through b4 i act.. Thank you for the time and answers

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Is Northern lights not a defaul sim option?

I dont know, i thought that was part of ENVTEX texture thing, maybe i am wrong, but is it part of that package? If not, i might go and buy REX TD..

• Aerosoft

Anyway, if you want replacement textures (personally I find the improvment over default P3D V4 not massive) you can't go wrong with https://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/flight-simulator-x-steam/tools-missions/1388/rex-4-texture-direct-hd-with-soft-clouds

I already have the REX Soft Clouds, and i dont need it again, but is there a stand alone REX TD package, cant seem to find that one. Question, Does REX TD change the color of water too? And vegetation as well, coz i am using PTA to change veg color and some other stuff. Was looking into the URP v1.1 thing, not quite what i was looking for, but close, so does the REX TD change the color of water and rnw's etc... grass etc..

• Aerosoft

Rex does indeed changes water in many ways (animation, textures, colors) and vegetation as well. I do not see any conflicts with PTA, in fact I think they compliment each other well. No idea on the packages though, we only sell one.

11 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Rex does indeed changes water in many ways (animation, textures, colors) and vegetation as well. I do not see any conflicts with PTA, in fact I think they compliment each other well. No idea on the packages though, we only sell one.

Thank you very much. Seems that i gonna buy the REX TD and thank you all for your time and answers.

Regards

G.H.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived