Deleted addon.xml files

Macbrowndog

I had some redundant add 0n.xml files in the Prepar V4 addon folder (uninstall the programs but but the uninstaller did not remove the addon.xml folder or file.  

Here where my problem started... I ran Simstarter for P3D V4.1 and tried to remove these entries... first time the program crashed and deleted my entire Prepar V4 addon folder... (not good) I then had to reinstall all the scenery and files.   

I restarted Simstarter and tried again this time with the error in the screen dump

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Please post a Debug Pack. SIMstarter NG is unable to delete your whole AddOn folder. There must be something different.

The initial question would be: what causes duplicate add-on.xml files? Very strange...

But maybe the DebugPack gives some clearness.

• Developer

The file is faulty. Looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" Version="4,0" ID="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>NY AIRPORTS V2 X</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Component>
<Path>D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery\NY Airports v2 X</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" Version="4,0" ID="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>NY AIRPORTS V2 X</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>NY AIRPORTS V2 X</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery\NY Airports v2 X</Path>
    <Name>NY AIRPORTS V2 X</Name>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Or Download Add-On.xml and replace the faulty one.

I would recommand reading the SDK if you want to modify these files by your self. 

Much better: Use Add-On.xml Manager of SIMstarter NG. :O)

This is interesting. I did not manually modify this file... The file was created when I installed the NY Scenery... Your amendment has fixed the start up error  but...

If you check the screen grab you will see in RED "file not found" ... If I delete this file with the option Delete Add-on.xml at the bottom of the box the entire box turns red and  SimStarter deletes the entire Prepar3D Add-Ons in the Document library... See screen grab of before and after.

Archived