Twin Otter G/S capture

DavidMooney

I have been flying the Twin Otter and I seem to be able to capture the ILS and the glideslope, but the aircraft doesn't seem to ever want to follow the G/S to the airfield. I'm 100% certain its me that's doing something wrong but I cant work out what it is! Do I need the A/P switch ALT turned off? Should the sat nav be in VLOC or GPS? ! I have tried looking for video's on how to set an approach up but I could find one. So would anyone know where to look or find a good step-by-step guide?

Many thanks  

6 hours ago, DavidMooney said:

Do I need the A/P switch ALT turned off? Should the sat nav be in VLOC or GPS?

You should have VLOC on the GNS 530 and select APPR mode on the autopilot. Usually I fly into position on HDG and ALT modes HDG mode switches off when you capture the localiser. ALT mode switches off when you capture the glideslope. (That's from memory - if not, for sure you need ALT de-selected to fly the glideslope!) You can see me doing a couple of ILS approaches in the first two videos here. I can't remember if I show all the steps explicitly.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Also, check the information in "Volume 2 - Systems" to ensure you're setting everything up correctly. You should have shortcuts in your Windows Start menu, or of course you'll find all the manuals with the Twin Otter Extended files in your sim folders.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the feedback that the suggestions helped. Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived