Looking for a hardware editor(s)

• Aerosoft

I am looking for moderator/editor(s) for the forum who can keep our readers informed about what computer hardware developments are important for them. Not support! I a looking for people who subscribed to LinusTech, who follow all the overclock forums, who know why overclocking your memory is great for Excel but will do nothing for X-Plane. Hardware nerds who know about thermal grease and that many LEDs on your motherboard do not make your sim run better.. 

To give you some examples:

• AMD RYZEN cpu's are a very viable choice for simmers now. In fact, as price/performance is so good a simmer might be able to afford an extra core for the same investment. That's rather valuable for P3d V41. But I keep reading loads of messages that say AMD was never good for simming and the new line is no good as well. Loads of it is nonsense, but why?
  • As graphics cards are becoming more and more important for sims it starts to make sense to get the best you can afford. But should you buy the 1080 you have been saving for or should you go for the new 1070 Ti that promises 1080 performance for $150 less? And what should you pick if you only want to spend $200? And how important is the fact the 1070Ti might be locked?
  • Are the newest gaming laptops finally really good for running sims? Asus Strix GL502?  Alienware 13 R3? Razer Blade Pro (for the well to do)
  • Is memory speed indeed of little or no influence? (I say so, but heck who cares what I think?)
  • SATA SSD's are nice but are M.2 SSD's indeed so much faster?

All developments of the last 6 months that are important for serious simmers. But it is hard to follow the news and to pick out what really makes sense. I need an editor who can tell people NOT to buy that hardware but to overclock it a bit because they might get far better hardware in 3 months. 

Payments will be in gratitude and free products. Did I tell you we are a bit cheap in certain aspects? We do hope any applicant has a good standing on our forums so we know he/she is trustworthy. Getting a good forum status is vital for everybody who wants to assist, test or do anything with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived